Manager Originations Compliance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
Mount Laurel, NJ
Manager, Origination Compliance
Ensure compliance with applicable federal and state mortgage banking and related origination laws and regulatory matters, reporting to the VP Originations Compliance. Communicate, assist and support various aspects of originations for the company including regulatory and legislative changes, compliance policies and procedures and internal (audit, quality control, etc.) and external (OCC, Fannie Mae and PLS Clients) requirements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* Develop and maintain the company s compliance implementation and risk assessment programs to ensure the firm is in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and agency guidelines related to mortgage origination
* Recommend, develop and implement changes to existing and proposed procedures, policies and programs
* Oversee revision and dissemination of new or updated compliance standards and procedures
* Manage compliance responses to internal or external audit or quality control findings and lead corrective action activity as needed
* Participate in PLS client communications as needed
* Participate in compliance QCvendor management communications as needed
* Provide guidance and insight to leadership and employees on compliance issues and controls to mitigate risk
* Assist various departments in the formulation of forms or disclosures for compliance with laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures
* Identify, communicate and help develop compliance education programs and support compliance training
* Draft summaries of legislative changes and help publish compliance bulletins
* Assist the origination and support units in the design and implementation of legislative or regulatory changes
* Develop test plans or reporting as necessary to ensure compliance with regulations or legislation
* Draft and/or approve effective compliance policies and procedures; ensure Compliance Policy and Procedures manuals are current
* Assist in completing annual compliance test plans and maintenance of compliance risk assessments
* Understand federal regulatory compliance statutes, regulations, state laws and their impact on origination policy and business practices
* Assess and rank compliance risk relative to relevant federal compliance regulations and state laws, taking into account the potential civil penalties, reputational risk, regulatory risk, scope, controls and potential for non-compliance
* Complete periodic assessment reviews and transactional testing of business processes with federal and state regulatory compliance impact
* Execute special projects as required
* Manage compliance professionals providing compliance guidance to the Origination business
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
* Bachelor's Degree required
* 7-10 years of Mortgage Banking Regulatory Compliance, Quality Control or Auditing experience required
* 5 years recent experience managing operations or staff required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Highly motivated, self directed, proactive, self-disciplined and team-oriented
* Ability to work independently and under pressure in a fast-paced and dynamic environment handling multiple competing tasks simultaneously to closure
* Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, strong work ethic, and critical thinking skills
* Strong working knowledge of mortgage origination operations and procedures
* Demonstrated ability to manage within a rapidly changing regulatory environment on a federal and state level
* Strong and detailed understanding of federal and state regulations related to mortgage origination, including a proven ability to apply these requirements to business practices, systems and identify and assess compliance risk
* Experience with human resource guidelines, employee performance evaluations and development
* Experience in managing relationships with external vendors and clients
TRAINING / LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
* Must pass PHH Corporation s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
* Behaves as a Leadership Role Model
* Builds Strong Working Relationships
* Drives and Delivers Exceptional Results
* Customer/External Focus
* Builds and Motivates a High Performing Team (people leaders only)
* Proficient in Microsoft Applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* List any physical actions required by the job -- Must be able to lift xx lbs; Ability to stand/sit for periods of time, etc.
* Any other requirements an ideal applicant needs to have that is not covered by the other subheadings
TRAVEL / WORK SCHEDULE
* Minimum amount of travel required
* General work schedule (shift for non-exempt roles; expectations for exempt roles)
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.
The requirements and the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHH is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.