Manager - Performance Engineering
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONOutstanding opportunity to join the Information Technology team of a growing public company, with a market cap of $ 6 to 7 billion, and a stock price that has outperformed the market by more than 7x in the past 10 years.
We are currently experiencing unprecedented growth as we expand our portfolio more fully into Web, Mobile, Cloud, and DevOps. Performance testing is no longer a luxury, but a necessity we are poised to deliver more than 30 Performance testing projects this year. Given the rapid expansion of this capability, we are seeking a Manager to oversee Performance Engineering and join a dynamic team of Agile professionals dedicated to perfecting its state-of-the-practice capability. Candidate must have extensive performance testing experience, demonstrated leadership, and at least 5 years of relevant experience in software development and/or QA.
* Work with IT projects to properly prepare applications/systems for production loads and conditions
* Work with project teams to understand risks, production loads and volumes, architectural vulnerabilities, bottlenecks, and single points of failure, and to solve or mitigate such risks in a reasonable and fiscally responsible manner
* Staff performance testing projects appropriately with the best talent available
* Manage all activities and resources related to the delivery of the performance projects, including performance diagnostic, capacity planning, performance architecture design, performance tuning, and performance monitoring
* Work with the project teams to ensure funding for activities related to performance testing is met
* Ensure that the proper project controls are implemented and documented, including project plans, final results reports and metrics
* Stay abreast of latest technologies, methods, and best practices to ensure that current approaches are optimized and improved where needed
* Work with the Quality Engineering and IT leadership to improve the toolsets, processes, metrics, and other assets to continually improve the performance engineering capability
* 5 years of performance engineering experience
* Ability to write intermediate to complex scripting code
* Familiar with SDLC and issue tracking tools
* Excellent communication skills
* Strategic vision
* Passion for continuous improvement
* Proficient in at least one or more of the following: SOASTA CloudTest, LoadRunner, WebTest, JMeter or other performance testing tools
IDEXX is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and to build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for the production animal industry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs 6,000 people and offers products to customers in over 175 countries.
IDEXX attracts, rewards and inspires exceptionally talented and motivated people who are eager to participate in two of the most important technological revolutions of our time -biotechnology and information technology.
We offer outstanding opportunities for personal growth and success, and support excellence, world-class standards, and continuous improvement.
IDEXX has a new state of the art, LEED certified, world campus which fosters an innovative and collaborative work environment and promotes wellness, offering an impressive onsite fitness center, health clinic, and many healthy dining choices! In support of health and wellness, IDEXX is also a tobacco free campus.
If you are looking for a challenging work environment that unleashes creativity and energy, is refreshingly honest and comfortably casual, and offers opportunities for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you!
We offer a fully loaded and highly competitive compensation and benefits plan and relocation assistance.
ABOUT THE AREA: Portland, Maine recently ranked number 6 on Forbes magazines list of Americas Best Cities for Young Professionals, was ranked by Bloomberg Businessweek as one of the best places to raise kids, was listed by Forbes.com as one of Americas Best Hipster Neighborhoods, was named the Foodiest city in the US by Bonappetit magazine, was ranked by Yahoo.com as having one of the healthiest and most affordable housing markets, made the top 10 list of healthiest cities for women by Womens Health Magazine, and has recently been nominated for Best Town Ever by Outside Magazine, the magazine chooses its top 10 places to live based on a balance of great culture, breathtaking scenery, reasonable home prices, low-stress living, and, of course, easy access to the outdoors!