Manager Performance Improvement
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coordinates, supervises, and evaluates the work of staff. Supervises projects related to analysis and improvement of clinical outcomes. Supports hospital operations and budget to meet customer and departmental needs. Facilitates professional development of staff including development of educational programs, assessment of staff compe10ce, individual or group coaching/mentoring, and succession planning.
2. Demonstrates ability to facilitate performance improvement teams to timely action plans. Proactive and effective in developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with physicians, hospital leaders and their employees. Utilizes performance improvement tools appropriately to manage desired outcomes.
3. Identifies quality improvement opportunities through analysis of TMH and external benchmark data. Appropriately delegates and manages outcome for project assignments to qualified staff. Supports TMH extemal benchmarking initiatives.
4. Provides consulting services to support clinical outcomes to hospital leadership, clinical departments, and special projects using departmental or leadership prioritization plan throughout the organization.
5. Effectively organizes and meets expectations for quality improvement responsibilities in a timely manner, meets deadlines.
6. Develops and maintains effective and collaborative relationships with physicians, clinical staff, leadership, and employees. Demonstrates effective and consis10t communication skills. Promotes team-building and collaboration within working relationships.
7. Demonstrates the componets of the ICARE values statement.
8. Demonstrates SERVICE PRIDE standards.
9. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor hazards.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS Master`s Degree in Allied Health or other clinical discipline.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS 5 or more years' clinical experience in acute care. Prior supervisory experience required. 3 or more years' relevant experience in clinical quality improvement. Familiarity with Performance Improvement tools and methods. Education may be substituted for some of the above.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED Current Registered Nurse (RN) License to practice Nursing in Texas. Specialty credentialing in clinical discipline and/or Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) preferred.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Knowledge of specialized software in use at The Methodist Hospital (TMH).
2. General knowledge of Performance Improvement methodologies.
3. Advanced skill in use of spreadsheet and relational database software.
4. Evidence of application of Performance Improvement methodologies.
5. Skill in developing and maintaining interpersonal relationships as required in the work environment.
6. Skill in verbal and written communication.
7. Ability to analyze and solve problems.
8. Strong managerial and interpersonal skills.
9. Strong presentation skills preferred; ability to facilitate work teams.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.