Team Leader Production
DiversityWorking - Indianapolis, IN
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Job SummaryLeads team members to identify, manage, and execute the plants process improvement opportunities. Manages production staff to attain production and quality goals. Identifies problems or bottlenecks in production processes and resolves issues. Ensures production resources including materials, equipment and human resources are available as needed to maintain production schedules. Supports continuous improvement goals in safety, quality, cost and customer service. Responsible for managing and owning various functions of the business and creating an engaged and team oriented work force in order to improve business results. 3 years related experience.Position ResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (To perform this job successfully, anindividual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.)
* Supervise the scheduling, training, and accountability of up to 60 employees per shift. Ensures compliance to plant rules, utilizing discipline when necessary with the goal of being firm, fair and consistent.
* Safely and efficiently produce on time the highest quality foods, exceeding customer expectations.
* Achieve targeted KPIs using MOS.
* Ensure all shifts are crewed properly, considering seniority, qualification and cost associated with carrying excessive manpower.
* Support new products, processes and equipment startups.
* Respond to and address problems that prevent production lines from attaining 90% T-Max. NOTICES AND REPORTINGPlant managers and supervisors are responsible to promptly notify the Plant Manager, Environmental Engineering and/or the General Counsel, Law Department of the following situations:
Emergency release of materials; Notice of violations with permit conditions, Test results indicating non-compliance with permit, Permit renewal notification, Equipment malfunctions for environmental control systems, Public complaints related to environmental issues, Negotiations to resolve order or permit compliance,NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Respond to e-mail and perform routine administrative tasks in a timely manner.
* Provide support to the maintenance, distribution, and other departments where needed.
* Attend various meetings and perform miscellaneous paperwork and reporting.
* Fill in for Operations Coordinators when necessary.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
* Production, Sanitation, Maintenance
* Up to 60 hourly union operatorsPosition QualificationsQUALIFICATIONS (Include education, certifications/licenses, experience, language, mathematical, computer, level of reasoning, physical demands and preferences (a plus)):
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS Minimum:
* 4-year college degree or 2-year degree with requisite experience.
* Degree in engineering, science, or business fields.
* 2 years of manufacturing experience in a union environment. Preferred:
* 4-year Bachelor's degree
* Experience in the Food IndustryLANGUAGE AND TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
* Proficieny in Microsoft Office products.
* Ability to learn and utilize Kronos-the timekeeping system.
* Technically oriented, comfortable around machinery and loud plant environment.