Manager, Plant Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Valley Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
* Provides expertise and leadership in developing and implementing an energy management plan for the facility. The energy management plan addresses both purchasing energy and minimizing energy consumption through appropriate usage of the Building Management Systems and equipment maintenance and replacement programs. Works with the operations and maintenance staff to analyze and improve utility systems and equipment energy performance, and initiates and provides expert advice for the development of operational procedures and controls. Coordinates appropriate usage of the computerized maintenance management and work order system. Reviews and adjusts as necessary work request and preventive maintenance work order processes and coordinates and prepares all productivity reports. Directly oversees the HVAC/Refrigeration Engineering Supervisor, the Boiler Plant Engineering Supervisor, the Plumbing Engineering Supervisor, the HVAC Controls Mechanic, and the Plant Ops. Technician. Provides overall direction for the HVAC/R, Boiler Plant, and Plumbing departments and is responsible for their overall performance. Assists in developing new and adjusting existing department policies and procedures ensuring all JCAHO as well as local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations are met.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
1. (A) Manages the facility s energy management program by using his/her knowledge and understanding of the energy market and the information gathered by monitoring the facility s energy consumption.
* Provides regular reports as to the overall effectiveness of the energy management program.
* Monitors utility systems components looking for significant changes in consumption rates or quantities.
* Maintains energy consumption and utility billing related records, analyzes the records to determine energy consumption trends and prepares monthly energy reports to apprise Director of Engineering and Executive Staff, as appropriate, of the progress in meeting energy conservation goals.
* Assists in reviewing and negotiating energy purchase agreements and makes recommendations regarding energy fuel selection.
* Monitors natural gas prices to determine if utilizing alternate fuel such as fuel oil in facility boilers is of economic benefit to the facility.
* Manages the building/energy management system(s) and utility metering initiatives (electrical, water, etc.) ensuring proper use, expansion and administration.
* Conducts HVAC, lighting, building, steam generation system, domestic hot water and other energy audits using industry standard energy analysis tools to minimize energy consumption.
* Inspects buildings and utilities systems to determine need for alterations, repairs and upgrades.
* Recommends the most energy efficient equipment selection for all Renovation and Capital Improvement Projects.
* Oversees the water treatment service contracts.
1. (B) Manages the facility s energy management program by implementing equipment maintenance programs, specifying equipment in need of replacement, and undertaking energy savings initiatives.
* Analyzes buildings and operations to determine the optimum utilization of HVAC, electrical, lighting and control systems.
* Evaluates data compiled from the computerized energy management system, looking for trends, such as under and over utilized equipment.
* Directs plant personnel to monitor/improve efficiency of boiler and chiller operations.
* Determines local set back parameters for unoccupied spaces after hours.
* Establishes operating set points and monitors performance of Variable Frequency Speed Drives or similar devices.
* Inspects and monitors the steam condensate return piping system and appurtenances.
* Develops and implements training programs for maintenance staff in use of energy management systems.
* Reviews and recommends maintenance supply and equipment purchases to ensure energy efficient replacements are being specified.
* Oversees the energy (building) management vendors service contracts and coordinates the work of on-site personnel.
2. Manages the computerized maintenance management program continuously updating and improving work request and preventive maintenance work order processes.
* Supervises initiation and scheduling of the preventive maintenance program.
* Maintains control over work order system reviews, schedules and assigns priorities.
* Develops and reviews system reports that provide productivity and efficiency reports, including average on-demand and preventive maintenance work order response time and completion rates
* Develops a parts database and establishes par levels.
* Develops and implements training programs for maintenance staff in use of computerized maintenance management system.
* Oversees the software support vendor service contract.
3. Manages facilities management information
* Has responsibility of maintaining the computerized facilities management system.
* Ensures space database is kept current reflecting actual usage of space by both department and function.
* Ensures all staff occupancies are kept current reflecting which staff members occupy which rooms.
* Maintains an up-to-date set of as built documents. Coordinates with consultant architects, engineers, and contractors to ensure all drawings reflect as-built conditions.
* Prepares occupancy reports for other departments.
4. Performs other managerial duties to ensure the success of the department.
* Supervises and coordinates the work of the HVAC/R department, the Stationary Engineers department, the Plumbing Department, and administrative staff.
* Develops performance goals for staff and evaluates their progress. Counsels staff as appropriate when goals are not met.
* Continually monitors staff for compliance with both performance and behavioral standards and policies and counsels staff when those standards and/or policies are not met.
* Performs annual staff performance evaluations.
* Works closely with the department management, supervisors, and staff to ensure department goals as set out by the executive staff and the director are met.
* Oversees all service contracts associated with managed departments.
* Provides support to other departments as appropriate.
* Assists in developing department policies and procedures, with emphasis on those that affect compliance with The Joint Commission standards, energy management, and utility management
* Assists in developing the annual expense budget and in reporting budget compliance.
* Assists in developing capital budget requests.
* Coordinates work with design professionals and contractors to implement approved capital requests within budget and on schedule.
* Attends meetings to ascertain hospital policy, assists in its development when appropriate. Interprets policies to staff and is involved in employment, training and grievances of employees.
* Demonstrates positive behaviors toward patients, families, physicians, and all co-workers. Responds to customers of all age groups in a friendly, prompt, and caring manner while maintaining confidentiality. Promotes mutual respect and professionalism. Partners with team members to meet the needs of the customer.
Valley is an equal opportunity employer. Valley does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, liability for military service, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other basis made unlawful by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.