This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Gilead Sciences, Inc
Foster City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide primary policy support for Gilead s business worldwide. The Manager will conduct and/or manage projects that support policy positions that address Gilead s business objectives and that provide strong rationale for the economic, societal and public health value of Gilead s current and future products. This individual will develop the evidence base for and will shape communications to support Gilead s objectives, working closely with internal functions, including government affairs, legal, public affairs, medical affairs, managed markets, market access and emerging markets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
Project management: Organize cross-sector policy dialogues and manage research projects related to Gilead s policy priorities. Work with internal stakeholders and external collaborators to ensure initiatives achieve shared policy and public health objectives. Manage internal and external projects to timelines and budgets, supporting process improvements across the team to ensure efficient flow of information and idea sharing.
Policy analysis and communication: review relevant policy documents, as well as media and government communications. Provide quantitative or qualitative analytics related to policy projects. Serve as internal expert to communicate the results of the policy projects to internal and external audiences, with a focus on impact to Gilead s business areas. Develop tools across multiple mediums for impactful internal and external policy communications, including talking points, presentations, short and long form publications.
Relationship management: build and manage relationships with policy opinion leaders in academia, think tanks, government, advocacy and multilateral organizations to share Gilead s commitment to public health and access, and to develop initiatives on key policy issues that impact access to our therapies.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent required; graduate degree (MPH, MPP, MD, PhD, JD) preferable in relevant areas such as policy, public health, health economics, or law
* Typically 5-7+ years professional experience in government, health care policy, policy research, public affairs or related fields. International experienced strongly preferred.
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills, particularly in synthesizing complex technical information for policy audiences. Strong PowerPoint skills essential, language fluency a plus
* Strong leadership presence with internal leadership and external opinion leaders
* Excellent organizational and project management skills, with demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple work streams and timelines simultaneously and to budget
* Attention to accuracy and detail, particularly in managing complex, high-profile projects
* Ability to maintain good working relationships internally and externally
* Demonstrates Gilead s core values of Excellence, Integrity, Accountability and Teamwork
* Exhibits confidence, flexibility, curiosity, optimism, creativity, and a good sense of humor in a fast-paced environment
* Able to travel domestically and internationally approximately 20% of the time
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, view the EEO is the Law poster at :