Manager, Pricing - Home Appliances
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Hoffman Estates, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONIn this role, you will analyze various strategic questions utilizing unique large datasets. You will be expected to leverage state-of-the art data analysis tools and techniques, on both a scheduled and ad-hoc basis, to prepare analytics, document models and automate processes which have a direct impact on a multi-billion dollar business.Responsibilities:
* Design, implement and automate modeling and analysis procedures on existing and experimentally created data
* Increase pace and confidence of learning by combining state of the art technology and statistical methods; provide expertise and assistance in integrating advanced analytics into ongoing business processes.
* Develop data pulls, producing concise conclusions from raw data in a clean, well-structured and easily maintainable format
* Perform scheduled and ad-hoc data driven statistical analysis and projects, supporting existing processes
* Enhancements and defect resolution will be required on an ongoing basis
MS degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Operations Research, CS, Econometrics or equivalent/related degreewith emphasis in quantitative methods preferred but BS or BA with experience will be considered.
* Experience in economics, statistics, or computer science
* Development experience with various technologies such as, but not limited to R, Stata, Matlab, Python, SQL, and Excel, and concise and clean analytic graphics
* Familiarity with version control, especially Git
* 1-3+ years prior data experience (cleaning raw data, coding analysis, and presenting results) either professionally or in an academic setting
* Experience in Hadoop-based tools (Mahout, Hive, Pig) a plus.
* Sound technical and analytical skills
* Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment, welcoming push back on conclusions and inferences
* Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, while delivering quality work by tight deadlines
* Ability to perform thorough analysis of complex data, draw sound conclusions, and devise actionable strategiesEEO EMPLOYER