Manager Pricing Strategy
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Hoffman Estates, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Manager, Format Promotional Policy and Process Definition, is responsible for developing improved insights, providing pricing recommendations and driving governance of promotional processes. The candidate will use data insights and advanced analytics techniques to provide recommendations to improve promotional ROI, drive compliance with promotional policies and provide recommendations on process improvements needed to improve Sears and Kmart format profitability and member experience. In this role, the candidate will partner with constituents within the pricing team and other SHC organizations to develop, implement and manage the promotional governance processes.
* Develop data insights into what competitors include in marketing assets on weekly basis and how these correlate with Sears/Kmart marketing assets. Provide business recommendations based on findings and maintain a repository for this data.
* Manage the promotional review process to assure messaging and offers are clear, offers are at the appropriate promotional depth while allowing for pricing flexibility where appropriate.
* Develop tools to measure results of items according to their role and intent in circular and other member facing marketing media. Provide recommendations to improve results for offers according to their role.
* Manage the circular pricing recommendation process to maximize the effectiveness of offers.
* Support management of governance process and/or overall current process on how offers, coupons and promotions are brought to market in order to reduce offer stacking and create better insights into promotional effectiveness.
* Partner with BU Pricers and BU Merchants to determine what types of pricing / promotional strategies/messaging yields highest margin benefit through test & learn.
* Develop reporting on ROI by item/BU to better understand promotional effectiveness.
* Partner with other marketing asset teams (Digital marketing assets, Local Store Ad, Savings Guide Pass Out, SYW, etc.) to assure marketing assets are aligned with pricing strategies.
* Provide financial and progress reports to manager and Sr. Pricing leadership on initiatives/projects.
* Lead pricing analysts, providing guidance on business priorities to accomplish established financial goals.
* Results-oriented, businessperson with successful career track in retail strategy or pricing optimization and analytics
* Project planning and management experience leading cross-functional teams to successfully implement enterprise wide initiatives.
* Proven change management experience - has successfully worked on projects / initiatives that have required substantial change and has been a part of managing how that change will occur.
* Team leadership experience - has led projects / initiatives involving cross-functional teams. Build strong relationships across the organization.
* Support the successful development, tracking, operation and growth of key performance indicators for the projects while collaborating with various channel owners and business units to ensure that the in-store, online business unit, operational support teams and other action owners are leveraging as well as acting on business results/member insight.
* Utilize process management skills and lean processes to quickly and efficiently deploy improvements to processes and experiences.
* Demonstrated ability in driving change.
* Proven ability to lead teams/change with little oversight.
* Ability to communicate and provide constructive performance feedback to individuals. Proven ability to construct an approach/plan for the execution of priorities.
* Ability to apply analytical rigor to understand complex business scenarios. Superior ability to develop processes and analysis tools.
* Strong work ethic complemented by a positive, can-do attitude.
* Ability to work cross functionally, influence and gather followership through thought leadership and early wins.
* Ability to influence without having direct authority.
* Ability to Form strong relationships, understand client experiences and expectations and work to anticipate needs.
* Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
* Expertise in use of Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Access, Power Point, Project and Word.
* Previous retail industry experience in pricing or merchandising is a plus.
* Six Sigma Certification (Green or Black Belt).
* Experience with SQL.EEO EMPLOYER