Manager, Product - Clinics & Physician Office Laboratory Markets
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Sysmex America Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Find a Better Way...
...to use your skills and experience.
This is the time to let your talent come to life. To maximize your knowledge and use it for the greater good. To work with the best professionals using state-of-the-art technology, and improve lives with your innovative ideas and ambitious dreams. Find a better way: the Sysmex Way.
...to improve the lives of others.
Headquartered in Kobe, Japan, Sysmex is located in Lincolnshire, Illinois. Renowned worldwide for the very finest in quality, innovative diagnostic equipment and information-management systems, we apply science to enhance the quality of life on a global scale. Our agile, resourceful team is committed to realizing critical breakthroughs in laboratory diagnostics, information technology, workflow analysis and life sciences for the clinical laboratory.
...to build a promising future.
We currently have a great opportunity available for a Product Manager, Clinics & POL. Reporting to the Group Manager Clinics & Physician Office Laboratories (POL), the Product Manager, Clinics & POL is responsible for the product management and marketing of Sysmex America Inc. products relating to the Hospital Clinics, and Physician Office Laboratory (POL) markets.
The position is responsible for creating best-of-breed marketing and sales programs, and for all aspects of product life cycle management, competitive material and developing thought leaders and marketplace influencers to assist Sysmex in achieving their business objectives.
This position is also responsible for providing in-depth market and industry knowledge, competitive analysis to assist in developing product and market business plans to achieve sales and market share goals, establishing a core of resident Sysmex product knowledge for existing and competitive products, assisting in training sales and application roles, and launching new products and services that achieve mid-term plan goals and meet target requirements.
The Product Manager, Clinics & POL proactively communicates and works in alignment with all departments within Sysmex, conduct all initiatives with professional demeanor, within legal, regulatory and Sysmex standards. The Product Manager demonstrates a positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills, organizational impact, and ability to manage products and people, within established timelines to meet departmental and company objectives. He/she is also able to effectively determine market data needs/market research needs and obtain necessary sales and marketing data in order to make good business decisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Day to day responsibility for products relating to Clinics and the POL.
2. Internal and external champion for the Clinics/POL product lines. Ensures that technical materials, white papers, sales tools, product launch materials and training material are developed as appropriate.
3. Develops anti-competitive materials and updates for commercial operations as necessary.
4. Develops sales strategies for product lines to achieve business plan goals.
5. Participates in feedback and input to R&D in S-Corp on current and future customer needs and wants as market research and analysis dictates, participates on global Sysmex IVD product teams to review and develop existing and new products as required.
6. Supports new product launch teams working across departments to introduce new Sysmex products to the marketplace.
7. Supports and develops key physicians and technologists for participation in marketing studies for Clinics/POL products.
8. Responsible for providing segment product knowledge expertise to the Sales, Applications and Service groups in the field.
9. An expert on product lines and is technically competent in Clinical Laboratory Science. This person is a key source of information and knowledge regarding Sysmex Clinics/POL products, including Hematology and other products as introduced.
10. Other duties as requested.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
* Ability to strategize, negotiate, develop goals and follow through, maintain vigilance and flexibility in a changing environment.
* Bachelors degree, MBA preferred, MLT a plus, and 5-10 years of relevant work experience.
Sysmex is proud to be an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.