Manager - Product Information Systems
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
Electrolux Home Products, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONManager - Product Information Systems
Position ID: req5229
Sector: Major Appliances North America
Functional Area: Marketing
Location: Charlotte Office, 10200 David Taylor Dr, Charlotte, NC 28262-2373 USA
Number of Openings: 1
Employment Type: Full-Time
Apply By: 10/28/2016
The Manager, Product Information Systems will be responsible for configuration and optimization of existing Product Information Management systems (PIM), and evolving new solutions in the Product Information Systems area. This position is specifically focused on PIM, but the role may also serve as a consultant regarding consumer-oriented systems and tools as needed.
This role will facilitate and lead internal requirement gathering sessions, as well as stakeholder interviews and requirements analysis. Post requirement sessions, interviews and analysis, they will be responsible for creating functional specifications, user scenario definitions and process flow diagrams. The role will also require development of necessary training documents to support new and enhanced processes or systems. This candidate should possess excellent communication, problem solving, strategic thinking and analysis skills, with the ability to understand and respond to business needs in a flexible development environment. Additionally, should be proficient in data analysis, modeling, reporting, and integration.
In addition to gathering requirements and architecting solutions, this role will also perform PIM system administrator duties as well as configure, develop and implement system improvements in the PIM system. The successful candidate for this position will be proficient in PIM development tools and scripting languages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manage and administer PIM workflows to construct and safeguard work processes to ensure high-quality product data.
* Develop PIM data exports to be consumed by various external systems, web applications and product data syndication feeds.
* Manage the integration of product data feeds from disparate internal and external systems.
* Architect and implement data quality solutions using Informatica PIM DQM tools to ensure high-quality product data and eliminate data translation errors.
* Ownership, delivery and documentation of functional requirements and specifications by applying experience and understanding of enterprise application integration, object-oriented design and use case modeling.
* Liaise between all levels of cross-functional team to ensure a quality solution that delivers business results (team members cover multiple-disciplines in multiple environments, sometimes outside of North America.)
* Act as primary requirements go-to person during the design and build phase of projects, and work with external vendors and internal IT to design, test, document, and implement customized PIM and Content System solutions.
* Identify and subsequently define required functional and user acceptance tests and co-lead test planning. Participate in testing and lead the effort to identify requirements and solution gaps and resolutions.
* Evaluate and report on the performance of the business solution, identify opportunity for improvement and refine targets for future releases.
* Perform maintenance on existing solutions with PIM and related systems as required.
* Bachelor s degree required
* Minimum of 5 years of client focused, technically-oriented Business Analyst experience (or equivalent)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Experience with enterprise application integration and data ETL tools and methodologies.
* High level of competence with Informatica applications including: Product 360 (PIM), MediaManager, DQM, BPM, PowerExchange and other applications and technologies such as: Microsoft SQL Server, .NET, Java, EPiServer, Ektron, SiteCore, etc.
* Working knowledge of business principles and terminology and strong customer communication skills are required.
* Experience with common IT change management processes.
* Experience both with digital/web and technical projects.
* Experience with use case modeling and software development processes and methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall.
* Experience in Data Flow Diagrams, Data Dictionaries, Data Modeling or Data Use Cases, Data Analysis.
* Strong written and verbal skills; specifically the ability to write and speak clearly, concisely, and accurately
* Ability to work and communicate directly with internal customers to ensure that development expectations are being met
* Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
* Detail-oriented and well-organized
* Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills
* Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
* Project managements skills required
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances, based on deep consumer insight and developed in close collaboration with professional users. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative and sustainable solutions for households and businesses, with products such as refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, cookers, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and small domestic appliances.
Under esteemed brands including Electrolux, AEG, Zanussi, Frigidaire and Electrolux Grand Cuisine, the Group sells more than 50 million products to customers in more than 150 countries every year. In 2014, Electrolux had sales of SEK 112 billion and about 60,000 employees.
Electrolux has been doing business since 1919. The headquarters are located in Stockholm, Sweden, and the Electrolux share ELUXb is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm.