- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Manager, Product Management
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Position at North America
You're a passionate, dynamic, and highly motivated individual who's looking for an opportunity to have an impact on some of the most well-known companies in the world. This integral member of the Checkout Tracking team will report directly to the Executive Director, Product. If you enjoy working with clients to influence their business solutions, this job is for you.
As a member of the Checkout Tracking product team this individual will be involved in the development and on-going management of Checkout Tracking products across industries. Specifically, this individual will work closely with IT/Ops to build products based on specifications and manage the product development process through to launch. The person will interact with several cross-functional groups including sales, client development, operations, and research sciences to achieve objectives. This individual will also require an entrepreneurial spirit as the Checkout Tracking team continues to grow within a new business environment.
This position is open to the NY Area.
* Create product requirements, translating the market needs into detailed specifications for products and capabilities. Work closely with the implementation team to execute the development of the product, including managing scope and timing of project.
* Set the go to market strategy for new product launches and work with the Corporate Marketing and Practices on launch programs to clients.
* Meet established revenue goals for product portfolio, in collaboration with the Practice.
* Develop the training and user support materials for each new product.
* Manage the maintenance of key components of new products, such as helping to define the standards of data quality, and managing the maintenance of delivery tools/deliverables.
* Regularly evaluate product performance relative to objectives, and recommend and implement enhancements
* BA/BS or equivalent, preferably in Marketing, Business Administration, or related discipline.
* 5+ years product development/management with marketing research experience.
* Strong understanding of data and analysis, consumer data methodology, sales, and/or marketing data.
* Strong organizational and project management skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Proven ability to understand the features and benefits of products and explain the uses of these products to colleagues and clients with regard to their particular needs.
* Proven ability to analyze customer needs and goals to assist in generating thoughtful, creative proposals that exceed customer expectations and expand revenue opportunities.
* Expert in all MS Office products. (Strong Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
* Minimal travel required, but must be willing to travel on those infrequent occasions.
The ideal candidate must be able to conduct engaging and impactful presentations that deliver value to the client while telling a compelling story in a concise and polished manner to a diverse audience. Most importantly, the candidate must demonstrate the ability to listen to the customer and appropriately match the customer's needs with NPD's products and services, or be willing to direct the customer to the best solution.
The ideal candidate must be comfortable and effective when talking with a broad range of decision influencers and decision makers within an organization. The candidate will be able to effectively understand and build relationships throughout the prospective customer's organization.
The ideal candidate will be competent in managing their time and activities and must embrace our proven opportunity and customer management processes and systems. Candidates must possess a can-do perspective in their professional attitude. They will be detail oriented and demonstrate a strong work ethic. They will be sticklers for accuracy in their own work as well as their colleagues. They will be ready to back up their assertions with facts.
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The NPD Group provides market information and analytic solutions that drive better decision-making and better results. The world's leading brands rely on us to help them get the right products in the right places for the right people. Practice areas include apparel, appliances, automotive, beauty, consumer electronics, diamonds, e-commerce, entertainment, fashion accessories, food consumption, foodservice, footwear, home, mobile, office supplies, retail, sports, technology, toys, video games, and watches / jewelry. For more information, visit npd.com and npdgroupblog.com. Follow us on Twitter: @npdgroup.