Manager, Product Software Solutions
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
Sysmex America Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Find a Better Way...
...to use your skills and experience.
This is the time to let your talent come to life. To maximize your knowledge and use it for the greater good. To work with the best professionals using state-of-the-art technology, and improve lives with your innovative ideas and ambitious dreams. Find a better way: the Sysmex Way.
...to improve the lives of others.
Headquartered in Kobe, Japan, Sysmex is located in Lincolnshire, Illinois. Renowned worldwide for the very finest in quality, innovative diagnostic equipment and information-management systems, we apply science to enhance the quality of life on a global scale. Our agile, resourceful team is committed to realizing critical breakthroughs in laboratory diagnostics, information technology, workflow analysis and life sciences for the clinical laboratory.
...to build a promising future.
We currently have a great opportunity available for a Product Software Solutions Manager. Reporting to the Group Marketing Manager, IT Products & Services, the Manager of the Software Solutions is responsible for the product management and marketing of the Sysmex America Inc., Software Solutions product line.
The position is responsible for creating best of breed marketing and sales programs, and for all aspects of product life cycle management, competitive material and developing thought leaders and marketplace influencers to assist Sysmex in achieving their business objectives.
This position is also responsible for providing in-depth market and industry knowledge, competitive analysis to assist in developing product and market business plans to achieve sales and market share goals, establishing a core of resident Sysmex product knowledge for existing and competitive products, assisting in training sales and application roles, and launching new products and services that achieve mid-term plan goals and meet target requirements.
The Manager of Software Solutions proactively communicates and works in alignment with all departments within Sysmex, conducts all initiatives with professional demeanor, within legal, regulatory and Sysmex standards. The Manager demonstrates a positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills, organizational impact, and ability to manage products and people, within established timelines to meet departmental and company objectives. He/she is also able to effectively determine market data needs/market research needs and obtain necessary sales and marketing data in order to make good business decisions.
The Manager will be skilled in Marketing Planning, Management, Product Management for IT-related products and Project Management for operational design and implementation and will have knowledge of advanced IT Technology, not only Healthcare IT products such as Middleware or Laboratory Information Systems, but also general areas such as the Internet of Things, Cloud and Analytics technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Day to day management and responsibility for all aspects of the second phase of the internal software solutions program;
2. Responsible for design and implementation of the program for SAI;
3. Initiate system structure and role definition to fit Marketing Plans, for example, investigate selling models; develops sales strategies for product lines to achieve business plan goals
4. Search for and make acquisition recommendations for advanced technology concepts fitting business opportunities such as Analytics and the second phase Software Solutions concept;
5. Internal and external champion for the Software Solutions product lines. Directs the group activities to ensure that technical materials, white papers, sales tools, product launch materials and training material are developed as appropriate;
6. Develops anti-competitive materials and updates for commercial operations as necessary;
7. Participates in feedback and input to R&D in S-Corp on current and future customer needs and wants as market research and analysis dictates, participates on global Sysmex Software Solutions product teams to review and develop existing and new products as required
8. Supports new product launch teams working across departments to introduce new Sysmex products to the marketplace; develops key physicians and technologists for participation in marketing studies for software products.
9. Responsible for providing Software product knowledge expertise to the Sales, Applications and Service groups in the field
10. An expert in healthcare IT. This person is a key source of information and knowledge regarding healthcare software product features.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
* Ability to strategize, negotiate, develop goals and follow through, maintain vigilance and flexibility in a changing environment.
* Bachelors degree, MBA preferred, a proven track record in the Healthcare/IT industry, and 5-10 years of work experience.
Sysmex is proud to be an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.