This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY:
Supervises the Production and Finish/Shipping departments in the hauling, raw/finish grinding and burning operations, coordinates necessary repairs to assure maximum production of clinker within established time frame.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assist in the development and insure the implementation of plant safety policies, goals and standards. Complete periodic inspections and audits to verify compliance and hold individuals and your department accountable to established policies, goals, and standards. Allocate sufficient resources (time and money) to support necessary safety task and safety awareness training. Take an active and visible role in leading the safety activities in your department. Investigate and resolve any employee report of unsafe work assignment.
* Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
* Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
* Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
* Review production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
* Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
* Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
* Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data.
* Manages 4 to 8 subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 20-30 employees in the raw grinding, crushing, burning and finish grind areas. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these units.
* Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Cemex policies, the Union Contract and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Bachelor's degree in mechanical or chemical engineering, and five to seven years in pyro processing or related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.