Manager Program Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 3/8/2017
Sapient Government Services (US)
JOB DESCRIPTIONSAPIENT Government Services, INC.
Sapient Government Services (SGS) is looking for people who simply put are driven to make a difference.
By solving some of todays toughest challenges, our teams are helping to transform the government in the areas of business, technology and marketing. Working at SGS, you will be in an environment that fosters growth and creativity, demands openness and client-focused delivery, and celebrates initiative and innovation.
The chance to bring your ideas and new thinking to todays challenges and work in a truly unique work environment is now its at Sapient Government Services.
JOB TITLE Project Manager
Job Title: Manager, Program Management Reports to: Program Manager
Location: Rockville, MD, Arlington, VA
Employee Status: Regular, Full time
Start Date: Immediately
Clearance Requirement: Public Trust
Job Summary: This is a senior level position in the program management domain and the function of this position is to provide support in project tracking, deliverable creation, and reporting at a project level. This will include regular client interaction as well as risk/issue identification and management, scope management, and financial management activities. It will also include regular engagement with senior clients and the creation of well-structured, professional executive presentations.
Qualified applicants must be detail-oriented, result-driven individuals who work well within team environments and have good interpersonal skills, as well as good client interaction skills.
* Lead a software delivery and maintenance team
* Work closely with Federal executive staff
* Coordinate project activities in a multi-contractor environment
* Develop creative, informative presentations for executive audiences
* Support strategic planning activities, creating high-level plans and roadmaps to communicate project vision and direction to diverse audiences
* Support business development activities including client proposals
* Facilitate meetings with key stakeholders and clients across multiple government agencies
* Review, document and assess client operations
* Support client workshops and checkpoints
* Create strong working relationships with clients in business and IT roles
* Assist in the initiation of new projects/initiatives by providing level of effort estimates and staffing profiles
* Work with all users, including end users, site administrators, and managers to get feedback on current operations and requirements for new features
* Provides project management support to government project/program leadership by helping to manage issues, defects, and re-planning efforts
* Work closely with technical project leadership to plan, develop, and deliver system modernization, enhancement, and operations and maintenance capabilities
* Provide guidance and support government project compliances such as Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA), Certification & Accreditation (C&A), and Enterprise Performance Life Cycle (EPLC)
* Provide project planning materials, such as project plans and cost estimates, and status / progress reports to government project leadership
* Work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams
Requirements and Experience Guidelines:
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident
* Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance.
* Bachelors Degree required from college or University
* At least 7 years of relevant work experience
* Experience in a consulting organization is required
* Experience working with executive level staff
* Previous experience successfully leading mid-large size teams of individuals
* Has experience with the collection, refinement, and requirements for a large scale system implementation
* Has experience creating and delivering executive briefings to medium sized crowds of Federal staff
* Experience managing iterative or agile software lifecycles on technology projects
* Creativity with an eye to developing new and innovative solutions
* Strong problem identification and analytical skills
* Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to create and deliver clear, powerful and concise presentations/proposals
* Ability to plan and manage time and resources, establish priorities and meet goals
* Highly proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project
About Sapient Government Services
Sapient Government Services, a division of Sapient, is a leading provider of consulting, technology, and marketing services to a wide array of U.S. governmental agencies. Focused on driving long-term change and transforming the citizen experience, we use technology to help agencies become more accessible and transparent. With a track record of delivering mission-critical solutions and the ability to leverage commercial best practices, we serve as trusted advisors to government agencies such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Library of Congress, National Institutes of Health, United States Department of Health and Human Services, and United States Department of Homeland Security. For more information, visit http://www.sapientgov.com.
Sapient is a registered service mark of Sapient Corporation.
*Reasonable accommodations will be made as necessary for the known physical or mental disability of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the operation of the Companys business.
Sapient US is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants to Sapient US will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.