Manager, Project Management, Biomarker
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 12/16/2016
Gilead Sciences, Inc
Foster City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
The Manager, Project Management - Biomarkers is responsible for managing multiple Biomarker sub-teams in the context of the overarching project team through all stages of the Research and Development life cycle. The scope of the role could encompass Biomarker project management for single, or combination therapeutic approaches, across the same or different indications and therapeutic areas.
* Work in partnership with Biomarker Leaders and Development Project Managers to ensure timely, efficient, and effective meetings, and to ensure adequate progress on Biomarker activities between meetings.
* Co-chairs Team meetings with Biomarker Lead and responsible for coordinating complex team operations and communications.
* Lead or facilitate cross-functional working groups to resolve operational issues or improve processes and workflows that enable Biomarker deliverables.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
* Ensures projects have an informed and robust Biomarker strategy aligned with the overarching project goals.
* Translates Biomarker strategy into a plan for execution of Biomarker activities that is aligned with the clinical development plan and integrates timing, scope and resources.
* Ensures that biomarker plans optimize the integration of timing, scope and resources to achieve project goals and objectives.
* Organizes Project Management support for various functional areas that enable Biomarker activities; attends sub-team meetings; takes the initiative to organize ad hoc working groups as necessary.
* Identifies and ensures that cross-project synergies are realized for maximizing return on investment of Biomarker activities.
* Directs Biomarker team communications and ensures that all stakeholders are fully informed and knowledgeable of Biomarker activities and their status.
* Ensures that Biomarker activities and status are captured and reported in governance documents.
* Assists in the review and editing of Project Team regulatory documents and may author sections of regulatory, scientific and commercial documents.
* Implements plans to resolve issues and execute corrective actions.
* May author sections of Project Team documents.
* Organizes preparation of moderately complex documents for Senior Management review.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* BS degree and 8+ years of relevant experience, or a MS/MBA and 6+ years of relevant experience, or PhD/PharmD/DVM/MD in a scientific field and 2+ years of relevant experience.
* Experience should include 3+ years participation in cross-functional project management activities.
* Must have solid understanding of the drug development process.
* Must have a solid understanding of and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards of pharmaceutical project management.
* Must be able to understand and communicate scientific and business elements associated with the therapeutic area(s) of assigned projects.
* Possess excellent interpersonal, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Must be able to support complex multiple activities simultaneously.
* Must possess advanced knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office suite and other reporting and tracking tools.
* Be able to work under minimal or no supervision, determine personal work plan, schedule tasks and activities.
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, view the EEO is the Law poster at :