Manager, Project Management
MANAGER, PROJECT MANAGEMENT
A career with AAA Northern California, Nevada and Utah is unique, just like you.
We're a mission-driven Member services organization. We have a saying here at AAA that we aspire to be _America's most trusted organization absolutely famous for doing the right thing_. With more than four million Members, our purpose is to bring peace of mind to Members so that they can enjoy life more.
We work hard to create an environment where you can thrive and where you use your skills and talents to help us deliver legendary Member service. You'll help have a positive impact on the diverse communities we serve, too.
AAA is seeking an experienced Manager to join its dynamic Project Management Office. Successful candidates must demonstrate execution ability, leadership and flexibility, as well as the ability to build rapport with team members, managers and senior executives. The individual in this role must be able to deftly apply skills and methodology to manage others, proactively mitigate risks resolve issues, manage a team, escalate when appropriate and overall drive the projects within PMO to completion.
This position owns project execution within AAA while developing project management talent. This position will work across multiple disciplines and business lines, and must be able to understand their clients businesses and build credibility quickly. Typical project areas include: implementing new technology, process or system improvements; building new business lines; vendor selection; product development and launch.
* Core program/project execution. Deliver critical AAA programs/projects with focused prioritization discipline and planning on time, on budget to meet business goals.
* Plan, schedule, manage and coordinate all aspects of project life cycle; Analysis/Design, Build, Test, Implement, Training / Change Management.
* Provide program/project leadership, anticipate bottlenecks, mitigate project risks and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
* Has authority to prioritize program/project tasks based on velocity, timeframes and critical path.
* Effectively identify and resolve any issues throughout the program/project life cycle.
* Promotes, utilizes, and contributes to knowledge transfer discussions before, during and after program/project completion.
* Provide consistent and comprehensive status updates; reporting schedule, cost, scope, workload and program/project team performance.
* Develop PMO Team Capabilities. Mentor, manage and guide project management team members and build PMO team talent through tools, methodology and resources.
* Methodology Improvement. Execute projects using standard AAA methodology/Agile Framework for defining, tracking, communicating and delivering measurable business benefits. Improve methodology and tools over time.
* Drive Strategic Alignment. Collaborate with product leads, project sponsors and business partners to provide thought leadership and guidance on defining business cases, key benefits, options, change and recommendations.
* Manage Budgets for program/project financials, issues and address/mitigate financial risks.
Qualifications and Experience
* A BA/BS or equivalent work experience is required. Concentration in Business, Computer Science or a related discipline. MBA is a plus.
* 8 to 10years of program/project management experience including 4+ years using Agile methodology and managing PMO teams.
* Must have experience managing full project life cycle, project over 10,000 man-hours and over $2 Million in budget.
* Strong problem solving skills: identifies and analyzes problems: data driven decision making attributes: provides solutions to individual and organizational problems.
* Strong leadership skills, including history of increasing leadership responsibility and career growth process improvement.
* Experience with Agile frameworks like SCRUM ability to think strategically.
* Excellent presentation skills.
* Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools, Google Office Products, Smarts Sheets.
We'll value your skills and experience. We're building a performance organization with heart and developing a pipeline of tomorrow's leaders. Your work will be enhanced with training opportunities, a mentoring program and our Promote-from-within philosophy. We celebrate our diversity and leverage the power of many minds.