Manager, Public Relations-4152
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
Advanced Disposal Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONPUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGER
The Public Relations Manager works in conjunction with the District Manager, local public relations agency of record and the corporate communications team to provide public relations services for the company. This Manager will facilitate the mutual understanding of the concerns of individual community members, cities/municipalities, interest groups, consumers and government agencies (including regulating authorities), as well as addressing them through strategic use of the media and direct communication. He/she functions as a member of the Michigan operations team and is responsible for generating positive publicity about all services Advanced Disposal provides to the communities we serve, with an individual emphasis on residential collection services, commercial services and Arbor Hills Landfill.
* May be tasked with handling media inquiries, issuing press releases and gaining press coverage for these releases.
* May attend, represent the company, and potentially speak publicly at various community events as well as plan and direct events designed to improve relations with the community and coordinate public appearances for company senior management and/or executives.
* Complying with media queries for information, designing and directing campaigns to influence public opinion and creating informational materials with the local agency of record and the corporate communications team.
* Create and maintain relationships with the media to ensure that news pertaining to Advanced Disposal facilities and operations and other aspects of the business is being shared with their respective audiences.
* Oversee the corporate communications clip/photo gallery of district photography, video clips, bios, infographics, informational materials, trade show booth and provide assistance to the District Manager in preparing reports and sharing these details with our internal audiences.
* Proactively pitch stories to the media locally and regionally.
* This includes writing and distributing press releases and other messaging (including potential social media outreach) about Advanced Disposal facilities and operations and responding to media requests generated as a result of these efforts.
* Work closely with the District Manager, local agency of record and corporate communications team to conduct research for special public relations/community relations projects and to compile reports and presentations for both internal and external audiences.
* Assist in coordinating crisis communications with the District Manager and potentially hosting press events for all aspects of the company within the district and potentially support other regions, on an occasional basis.
* Provide communications support to the District Manager in her role as the leader of the Michigan operations team.
* Bachelor's Degree (B.S. or B.A. in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field of business required.)
* Minimum 5-8 years of experience in public relations or a related field with community relations public speaking experience.
* Must have a valid driver's license.
* Ability to build and maintain relationships and work well with others as part of a team.
* Superior written and verbal communications skills, including public speaking skills.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet computer applications (Excel/Microsoft Word skills required).
* Understanding of social media platforms.
* Additional language skills a plus.
* Professional image representative of company image.
* Crisis communications training and experience preferred.
* Normal work schedule is Monday through Friday (business hours), but must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends and holidays on select occasions.
* Must be available to the media after regular business hours.
* Typical work environment is an office setting, with time spent at various company locations and in the local community.
* Position requires occasional work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
* Physical requirements include walking, sitting, standing, reaching, lifting, finger dexterity, seeing details at close distances, and hearing and communicating clearly
* Requires the use of a vehicle; must possess a valid driver's license and demonstrate a satisfactory driving record.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled