Manager, Quality Control
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 2/17/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONManages quality department personnel, quality functions, and the ISO Quality Management System. Performs a variety of quality assurance and control tests and inspections on finished products at the end stage of the production process to ensure compliance with organization and regulatory quality and reliability standards. Combines working knowledge of technical/professional principles and concepts with organizational knowledge. Ensures the quality and service of self and others. Directly supports implementation or delivery process improvement.
AUTHORITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In all instances, employees verifying quality have sufficient authority, training, and organizational freedom to:
* Identify and document quality issues for corrective actions to prevent the occurrence of nonconforming product,
* Recommend, initiate, implement, and verify solutions for continuous quality and process improvement,
* Terminate the processing, delivery, and/or use of non-conforming items, until proper disposition of material or rectification of deficient conditions has occurred.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
* Evaluates operations and/or processes in the foundry and in manufacturing for opportunities to improve those operations and/or processes in the area of quality assurance while maintaining a high level of safety/ergonomics and productivity.
* Drives efforts to meet Zero Harm requirements in the Quality department and plant as a whole.
* Maintains agency approvals and certifications in good standing, including ISO Annual Surveillance audit.
* Tracks and analyzes PPM for all customers of the business unit, uses data to provide for corrective action and continual improvement.
* Solves practical problems as well as technical product and/or process problems for corrective action, preventive action and continuous improvement.
* Interprets drawings, engineering and product specifications, supplier requirements, and customer requirements.
* Presents information in one-on-one situations, in small group situations, as well as to customers, suppliers, and other employees at all of levels of the organization to include corporate personnel.
* Manages the Quality Management System to insure ISO standards are met.
* Manages the Quality Objectives.
* Manages the CPAR and CAR system to provide for timely corrective action for both internal and customer issues.
* Develops and manages department expense and CAPEX budgets to support the business unit.
* Conducts annual Management Review.
* Analyzes processes and process inputs, examines materials and products at various stages of processing to assure conformance to specifications.
* Gathers/collects data as required or directed to analyze procedures or processes for improvement
* Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet quality requirements.
* Recommends measures to improve quality of product and production methods, equipment performance as appropriate.
* Applies Lean and Six Sigma tools to analyze and resolves problems, and assists others in solving work problems.
* Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve quality goals.
* Works with Materials Management to develop suppliers (Sales Reps or Technical Service persons) to improve quality of products and services to assure requirements are met.
* Researches, requisitions, and inspects materials, supplies or tools for use by quality department personnel, as required.
* Interfaces with and confers with managers and supervisors to coordinate and support quality activities of individual departments.
* Understands the technologies and uses of machines and equipment used by quality department personnel.
* Provides training instruction to all quality department personnel, as well as operations personnel, in support of the quality management system, as required.
* Communicates, supports, and enforces company policies.
* Interviews employees, appraises performance, rewards and disciplines employees, addresses complaints and resolves problems.
* Maintains time, and pay records, submits for processing. Reviews time punches daily, makes changes, corrections, comments, documents errors. Enters employee pay and promotion changes.
* Actively participates in Lean and Six Sigma Process Improvement projects.
* Maintains a positive example of safety-first attitudes and practices.
* Actively participates in Safety Programs and Improvement Projects.
* Assists management and safety professionals in investigate accidents, incidents and near miss situations.
* Participates in safety activities such as support for Suggestion Boards, Grass Root team projects, 5S projects, department ergonomic improvements.
While performing the essential functions of the job, there is frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually extremely loud.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is frequently required to walk and stand for extended periods, may lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, speaks and hears.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Engineering, Management, or Metallurgy from an accredited College or University is preferred.
* At least five years functional experience working with foundry processes to include Melt, Molding, and Core making, Finishing, Metallurgy, and Metrology required.
* At least five years of supervisory experience required.
* Excellent interpersonal skills essential, ability to successfully deal with change, learn new skills, techniques and processes, and a positive attitude required.
* Experience in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
* Knowledge and skill in Minitab and other SPC tools is preferred.
* SQC, AFS and other affiliations are a plus.