Manager, Quarry 8/9/2016
Lhoist North America
Peach Springs, AZ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION SUMMARY: The Quarry Manager will be responsible for leading the quarry department to maintain and improve safety, quality, and environment compliance for all quarry operations: Implementing Mining White Paper cultural initiatives at the quarry site Communicate with Mining Team (corporate Geologist and Mine Planner) to discuss and seek consensus resolution to mining related issues and improvements: Develop the human resources at the quarry site to provide stability for future operations, as well as bench strength for professional positions: Position will be expected to follow all environmental & safety laws, regulations, and internal policies/procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
Leadership for safety and environment for quarry operations:
* Ensure regulatory compliance
* Integrate corporate EH&S core initiatives at the quarry site
* Actively participate in audits for regulatory, safety, and environmental compliance at the quarry site
* Proactively demonstrate core values and establish safety and environmental standards for all mining related activities
* Responsible for all reclamation activities at the quarry site
Implementing Mining White Paper cultural initiatives at the quarry site:
* Communicate and reinforce White Paper philosophy to subordinates
* Comply with all policies as defined in the White Paper
* Provide data to support the R&R process
* Participation in the development of the 5-Year mine plan
* Timely completion of Annual Material Movement (AMM) plans
* Coordinate with corporate M&E on planning to ensure timely completion of quarry budgets (mining and crushing), in Lowest Sustainable Mining Cost (LSMC) format
* Monthly LSMC review and reporting, variances understood and cost improvement plans developed
* Monthly mining KPIs review and reporting, variances explained and performance improvement plans developed
* Annual Theoretical Best Cost (TBC) to LSMC comparisons
* Mining improvement opportunities identified and Continuous Improvement program recommendations submitted to optimize performance (KPIs)and costs (LSMC)
* Ensure mine QC process/practices are integrated and implemented to meet corporate QC core initiatives.
Communicate with Mining Team (corporate Geologist and Mine Planner) to discuss and seek consensus resolution to mining related issues and improvements:
* Maintain monthly communication with mine/quarry managers, plant managers, regional directors, and M&E on White Paper Policy deliverables and variances
* Communicate mining related issues with Mining Team members, seeking consensus resolution at the lowest level and escalating when necessary
* Continually drive process improvement opportunities
* Facilitate planning to support projects at the quarry site
* Provide feedback to drive/leverage new opportunities within or between existing operations
Develop the human resources at the quarry site to provide stability for future operations, as well as bench strength for professional positions:
* Responsible for the development of mining professionals to ensure that competent resources are in place to operate/manage quarry operations
* Communicate mining professionals performance highlights to plant managers, regional directors, and corporate M&E
* Work with plant managers/regional directors and HR/competency centers/ functions to develop mining professionals MRAs and STIs, in addition to training and needs development plants
* Five+ years experience in mining with heavy emphasis in production
* Detailed working knowledge of mine planning, quality control, reclamation, budgeting, and capital planning
* Excellent communication skills; team player
* Ability to conduct business analysis, recommend actions and report on progress
* Analytical skills are required to work through the Company s operating budget, capital planning and performance progress through the use of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
* Ability to access all parts of the quarry.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: 5+ years experience in surface mine management with heavy emphasis in production
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelor s degree in Mine Engineering, or equivalent relevant education and experience.
Lhoist North America offers a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, and vacation. LNA also supports employee work-life balance with telecommuting and compressed workweek options for many positions.
Lhoist North America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
LANGUAGE SKILLS (DESIRABLE)