Manager, RI Planning, Budgeting, and Performance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
MANAGER, RI PLANNING, BUDGETING, AND PERFORMANCE
JOB ID 20162703 DATE POSTED 09/17/2016 Description
ABOUT THE POSITION:
With the demand for energy growing globally, it s a great time to be a part of this transformative industry. National Grid is at the forefront of this transformation and we want you to join us on our journey. We are looking for high performing individuals who take pride in the quality of their work and want to progress their careers at a large, multinational company. You will play an important role in solving some of the world's most critical energy and economic challenges. Your career development is our priority. Our career progression tools and programs will provide you with the relevant knowledge and applicable skills to succeed. By connecting you to learning and development opportunities, we work with you to develop your leadership, business and technical skills. Supporting you to help grow the business and drive current and future performance makes us a great team. Come be a part of our team.
Jurisdiction Finance, Manager, RI Planning, Budgeting, and Performance leads and manages RI Jurisdiction financial performance budgets and metrics. Responsible for partnering with the jurisdiction to build budgets and set performance targets. Develops and reports on the financial performance of jurisdiction.
Reports to the Director, RI and NES Planning, Budgeting and Performance and drives the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets with finance and business insights.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
* Manages planning, budgeting and performance activities in the jurisdiction to drive the development of financial budgets.
* Partners with the jurisdiction to develop operating expenses, establish revenue, net margin and forecasts.
* Provides performance modelling to support planning and budgeting scenario analyses.
* Partners with the jurisdiction to develop monthly forecasts, budgets and Key Performance Indicators to increase financial profitability, maximize profits and achieve growth in the jurisdiction.
* Collects budgets and expenses to build preliminary budgets.
* Responsible for finalizing budgets, presenting back to the Corporate Finance and implement any adjustments.
* Applies US GAAP, SOX and SEC requirements to budgeting and planning activities.
* Provides counsel to employees, manages third party consultants and contractors, and advises senior leaders as necessary.
* Builds and manages results-driven teams by taking a strategic and technical view of performance management by involving employees in planning, relationship building, decision-making, forecasting, and analysis processes.
* Ensures proper support to meet business requirements of financial and non-financial controls.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Business Unit Finance.
* BUSINESS PARTNERING.
* FINANCIAL ANALYSIS.
* ACCOUNTING PRACTICES.
* US GAAP, SOX, SEC REQUIREMENTS AND IFRS.
* BUDGETING, ACCURATE FORECASTING AND KPIS.
* COMPANY OPERATING AND BUSINESS PLANS.
* ANALYSIS OF BUSINESS PERFORMANCE.
* PROJECT MANAGEMENT.
* Bachelor s Degree; Master s preferred, with a minimum of 7 years in finance roles with increasing scope and leading financial processes.
* Experience in financial management and organizational budget planning.
* Strong ability to build cross-functional relationships to create and implement financial metrics and budgets.
* Common utility Finance practices.
* Finance systems and business process.
* Financial acumen and analytic skills.
* Strong ability to work across department and geographic boundaries.
* Ability to manage competing priorities through effective planning and execution skills.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Develops others.
NATIONAL GRID IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES A BROAD DIVERSITY OF TALENT, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE.WE FOSTER A CULTURE OF INCLUSION THAT DRIVES EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT TO DELIVER SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE TO THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE.NATIONAL GRID IS PROUD TO BE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE MINORITIES, WOMEN, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND PROTECTED VETERANS TO JOIN THE NATIONAL GRID TEAM.
:Finance Jurisdictional Heads
:Finance Jurisdictional Heads
:Sep 17, 2016, 12:05:10 AM
:Nov 1, 2016, 11:59:00 PM