Manager, Regulatory Accounting Support
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
MANAGER, REGULATORY ACCOUNTING SUPPORT
JOB ID 20161844 DATE POSTED 09/12/2016 Description
With the demand for energy growing globally, it s a great time to be a part of this transformative industry. National Grid is at the forefront of this transformation and we want you to join us on our journey. We are looking for high performing individuals who take pride in the quality of their work and want to progress their careers at a large, multinational company. You will play an important role in solving some of the world's most critical energy and economic challenges. Your career development is our priority. Our career progression tools and programs will provide you with the relevant knowledge and applicable skills to succeed. By connecting you to learning and development opportunities, we work with you to develop your leadership, business and technical skills. Supporting you to help grow the business and drive current and future performance makes us a great team. Come be a part of our team.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Finance Operations, Manager, Regulatory Accounting Support is responsible for managing and supporting utility specific regulatory issues and requirements from a Finance Operations perspective. Oversees and operationalizes regulatory requirements for Finance Operations. Coordinates and manages the electric compliance filing process and supports electric and gas regulatory processes. Assists in the response to any regulatory requests to maintain consistency and governance. Reports to the Director, Regulatory and Accounting Policy and is responsible for ensuring regulatory support through policy and governance alignment and ensuring operational regulatory alignment.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
* Responsible for supporting and managing utility specific regulatory issues and requirements.
* Responsible for drafting or reviewing technical memoranda providing the accounting analysis of electric and gas rate orders.
* Partners with Regulatory to operationalize requirements for consistent processes.
* Responsible for maintaining compliance to regulatory data request responses.
* Reviews financial reports and advises on entry bookings and identifies regulation implications from reports.
* Leads regulatory asset / liability calculations and the maintenance of the general ledger.
* Analyses deferral variances found by working with financial accounting.
* Responsible for certifying regulatory assets, liabilities and footnotes.
* Oversees the maintenance and updates for the asset and liability catalogue to ensure appropriate treatments based on rate case.
* Provides utility industry specific counsel to employees, manages third party consultants and contractors, and advises senior leaders as necessary.
* Builds and manages results-driven teams by taking a strategic and technical view of performance management by involving employees in planning, relationship building, decision-making, forecasting, and analysis processes.
* Ensures proper support to meet business requirements of financial and non-financial controls.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS IS PREFERABLE:
* Regulatory compliance.
* Utility transmission application.
* Regulatory laws.
* Bulk power supply system.
* Network operations.
* Governance processes.
* Process identification
* US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, SEC regulations and IFRS.
* Process Management.
* Risk mitigation.
* Utility industry accounting.
* Bachelor s Degree, Master s Degree preferred 7 years in Accounting with increasing responsibility.
* Demonstrated ability to support regulatory processes.
* Experience working with regulators.
* Background in utility service or similar industry accounting.
* Ability to address regulatory risks and implement processes.
* Ability to meet deadlines with competing priorities.
* Effective collaboration and partnership capabilities.
* Excellent written / oral communication skills and follow-up.
NATIONAL GRID IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES A BROAD DIVERSITY OF TALENT, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE. WE FOSTER A CULTURE OF INCLUSION THAT DRIVES EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT TO DELIVER SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE TO THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE. NATIONAL GRID IS PROUD TO BE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE MINORITIES, WOMEN, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND PROTECTED VETERANS TO JOIN THE NATIONAL GRID TEAM.
:Sep 12, 2016, 2:16:43 PM
:Oct 27, 2016, 11:59:00 PM