Manager - Retail Real Estate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company/Dept: L Oreal Americas Real Estate
Primary Location: New York, NY
Job: Manager, Retail Real Estate
L Oreal, the largest cosmetics company in the world, owns and operates many of the world s leading retail brands, including L Oreal Paris, Kiehls, Lanc me, and Urban Decay, among many others. L Oreal is currently creating a central team to support its expanding retail portfolio of over 1,000 free standing stores in the Americas. The central team will provide to the retail brands real estate strategy, site selection, deal making, transaction management, legal and lease admin services. We are currently seeking an experienced retail real estate services and transaction manager to join our central team. The role reports directly to the Head of Retail Real Estate.
This new position gives the chosen candidate the opportunity to coordinate deal making and transaction management for several established and expanding retail portfolios of 100+ existing stores, as well as assist with the management of the aggressive expansion across the Americas of several of the most exciting and successful recent retail store launches. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in the sourcing of both mall and high street locations, and work with the top landlords and developers in the Americas Zone. Additionally, coordinating the management of L Or al s external real estate broker partners will be a primary responsibility.
The role will help coordination of the complete real estate deal making process through lease execution, and, importantly, will manage the integration of the site selection and deal making process, with the site feasibility and design due diligence activities of L Or al s store design and construction team.
Additionally, the role will manage certain lease administration activities and manage the relationship with the Real Estate Group s external lease administration service provider.
We seek a talented team player with knowledge of the US retail markets, top retailers, mall operators, and high street landlords and developers. The successful candidate will have experience making deals with, and/or for, such mall and street landlords.
Scope of Responsibility
Real Estate Strategy
* Work with Brand executive teams to understand brand positioning, target markets, customer base and preferred brand adjacencies and affinity brands
* Together with broker partners and brand execs, create, and update periodically, multi-year rollout strategies
* Rationalize expansion strategy with existing portfolios, budgetary and management parameters
* Identify and employ best in class transaction management processes and tools
* Internal client relationship management
Real Estate Transaction Management and Analysis
* Assist sourcing of appropriate mall and high street sites
* Travel to and tour sites and meet with leasing representatives as required
* Prepare and deliver to brand and real estate group executives full information packages for potential sites
* Coordinate the internal decision making process to move forward with potential sites
* Coordinate input of Design and Construction team throughout site selection and deal negotiation process
* Maintain transaction reporting including key milestones, and managing transaction tracking database/software, preparing reports, performing analysis
* Prepare, review, analyze, and interpret financial analysis/spreadsheets and reports including proformas, cash flow projections, NPV (net present value), and/or IRR (internal rate of return) financial analyses
* Assist with management tenant representative brokerage partners
* Effectively communicate and coordinate with landlord leasing representatives
* Coordinate deal making activity with legal department lease review and negotiation
* Manage processes and policies to be consistent with corporate guidelines and best in class industry practices
* Manage external consultant providing lease admin support services
* Create and deliver periodic lease reporting, including critical date management, and portfolio data
* Lease negotiation and real estate deal making (2-5 years)
* Excellent oral and written communication
* Experience analyzing mall developments and plans
* Knowledge of current retailer environment and both mass market and luxury brands
* Lease data analysis and reporting (2-5+ years)
* Consultant, vendor or team management (2-5+ years)
* Overall real estate transaction process management (2-5+ years)
* College diploma, advanced degree in business or real estate a plus
* Experience manipulating financial data and spreadsheets, financial analysis of real estate deals, proformas and financial comparison of alternatives using MS Excel, Argus or other financial real estate program (5+ years)
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
Skills and Abilities:
* Organizational skills; attention to detail
* Ability to multi-task
* Strong problem-solving and decision making skills
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to work independently in a demanding, fast-paced environment
* Ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly-changing environment
* Ability to manage multiple, complex projects for national retailer
* Ability to negotiate
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop relationships across all levels
* Ability to balance multiple priorities and deadlines
* Strong computer aptitude
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.