Manager, Retail Store Construction
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 2/9/2017
Vera Bradley Designs Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe primary function of the Retail Store Construction Manager is to establish strategy, priorities, and allocation of resources to support new store and remodel construction activities for Vera Bradley; ensuring timely completion and maintenance of budgets. Will oversee the coordination of all store maintenance projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (NOTE: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ensure Vera Bradley new store construction, expansions and remodels are completed on schedule and within budget
Continually look for ways to streamline the new store opening process Manage CER process
Responsible for all phases of construction including but not limited to: selection of general contractors, securing contractor bids, monitoring all phases of construction, close out of job, etc.
Build the timing, standards and scheduling for remodeling of Vera Bradley stores. Manage the roll out and execution of this plan.
Perform new store site inspections to inspect construction progress, quality of work and compliance with lease and construction requirements
Lead, manage and develop the store planning, construction and store maintenance team including the day to day business relationships with landlords, general contractors, vendors, suppliers, architects, consultants
Ensures utilization of suppliers that provide highest level of quality at the most competitive price
Work with retail and creative teams to ensure their visions are incorporated into the store design process. Responsible for on-site decision making regarding finish, trim and last minute construction decisions relative to interior
Ensure deadlines are communicated to external and internal teams. Manage dependencies when deadlines are not met
Communicate and collaborate with licensee regarding construction projects as needed
Collaborate with store design team to plan, prioritize and coordinate design and construction schedules
Manage all phases of close out activities and make sure all are completed once the stores open including punch list and all close out paper work to secure construction allowances
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor s degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or equivalent experience
5+ years retail or commercial construction and/or facilities management experience
Directing, managing/supervising experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Understanding of architectural drawings and blueprints, material/product durability, etc.
* Effective negotiating skills
* Strong PC skills utilizing Microsoft Office software
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels in the organization with the proven ability to set and communicate team priorities
* Collaborative, while able to influence, lead and build productive cross-functional relationships
* Strong team player with excellent leadership and managerial skills
* Understands internal and external customer trends and anticipates needs; assesses industry trends and identifies new solutions, products and/or services
* Exceptional organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize workload, and concurrently manage multiple projects
* Embraces change and continues to deliver expected results; helps and motivate others in the face of change, setbacks and constraints.
* Leads others to solve complex problems with the ability to take a broad perspective on existing solutions
* Recommends best practices and utilizes industry knowledge to improve products, processes and services
* Makes decisions guided by policies in non-standard situations with the ability to influence others to adopt a different point of view
* High level of analytical thinking
* Ability to guide others through training and development feedback; helps create realistic career plans.
* Proven success in building business through market knowledge, category management and business planning
* Supports talent and workforce planning strategies that align with business goals.
* Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office. Advanced Excel required
* Ability to build strategic plans
* Strong presentation skills
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Office environment. Utilizing an office desk sitting, reading, listening, or speaking with the ability to move intermittently throughout the day
* Construction site environment walking, standing, bending, reaching, stooping
* Frequent overnight travel (50% of time)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Vera Bradley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following links:
Vera Bradley s Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Policy
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in Spanish)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (Supplement)
E-Verify Participation Poster (English)
E-Verify Participation Poster (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment application process, please send an e-mail to applicationassistance@VeraBradley.com. Please include the accommodation you are requesting and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation and other EEO/Affirmative Action issues will be responded to from this e-mail address.