Manager - Retail Transaction Management 9/14/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Manager - Retail Transaction Management
Auto Req ID
PLEASE NOTE:This position is open to Chicago, Cleveland, Columbus, Detroit, Indianapolis, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, and St Louis locations.
The Manager, Retail Transaction Management and our Transaction Management team help clients strategize, evaluate and execute real estate transactions to meet their business and occupancy needs. Our Transaction Manager will manage and execute lease and/or capital transactions while fostering client relationships and business growth.
The candidate will be responsible for overseeing and preparing regular reporting, budgets, cash flow forecasts, memorandum documenting significant client issues and strategic planning. The candidate will work primarily in a leadership role on straightforward projects or in a support role on more complex projects. The candidate independently or as part of a team; will occasionally supervise or manage the workload of Senior Analysts and Analysts. The candidate will also work on and will be asked to direct special projects/assignments as needed. Our Manager, Retail Transaction Management will manage and work with professionals across a wide variety of disciplines and business units.
MANAGE CLIENT RELATIONSHIPS
* Assume key transaction responsibilities for strategic clients.
* Provide advice on client transactions.
* Attend regular client meetings and conference calls.
* Improve client transaction management processes.
* Work directly with clients and team members to resolve financial model, transaction and landlord issues.
* Manage site / market tours with the client.
* Manage transaction reporting to the clients.
* Proactively manage a client s real estate portfolio through strategic planning, new store acquisition, and existing asset management.
* Maintain excellent local knowledge and in-depth understanding of assigned markets/territories.
* Independently manages and executes complex, mid-size transactions with high level of proficiency and knowledge.
* Manage the administrative responsibilities associated with Retail Transaction Management services, including directing/managing support and analyst staff as required.
* Delivers measurable value by negotiating favorable economic and flexible lease terms for the client.
* Actively monitor progress of assigned transactions as well as those of direct reports.
* Collect client requirements, obtain market data, review market reports, retain real estate broker partners nationally, oversee site selection and site evaluation, create requests for proposals (RFP s), negotiate letters of intent, leases, purchase and sale agreements, and prepare approval packages for client s senior management.
* Develop occupancy cost savings strategies, develop and evaluate alternative occupancy solutions and financial structures and refine existing transaction processes and procedures.
* Review commission invoices for accuracy and progress on payment; review Dealio for accuracy and assure it is updated regularly.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* A Bachelor s degree; a Bachelor s degree in Business, Finance, or Real Estate, preferred.
* A Master s degree is a plus.
* Six to ten years of relevant work experience with national or regional retailer.
* Five years of relevant work experience with at least two years as a Transaction Manager.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
* Current and valid Real estate brokerage or salesperson license, required.
* LEED certification, CCIM, SIOR, MCR or related certifications, preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Knowledge of real estate leases and accounting procedures.
* Analytical ability, both financial and qualitative.
* Presentation skills
* Modeling complex occupancy scenarios, including multi-facility consolidations, city plans and metro area consolidations.
* Attention to detail.
* Organization Skills
* Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
* Work independently or within a team.
* Ability to build relationships and interact effectively with business and clients.
* Negotiation, Leasing and Interpersonal skills.
* Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook).
PHYSICAL WORK REQUIREMENTS / CONDITIONS:
* Work is sedentary in nature.
* Ability to travel 20%- 30% of the time, sometimes with short notice.
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at www.us.am.joneslanglasalle.com/UnitedStates/EN-US/Pages/Careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job 43884BR
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. JLL is a Fortune 500 company with, as of December 31, 2015, revenue of $6.0 billion and fee revenue of $5.2 billion, more than 280 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the company provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. As of September 30, 2016, its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.7 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and