Manager, Safety & Risk
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 2/25/2017
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
San Diego, CA
COX COMMUNICATIONS, INC. is seeking a MANAGER, SAFETY & RISK who develops, implements and administers policies and programs to ensure company-wide compliance with OSHA, DOT, and other safety health requirements and to raise employee awareness of risks and to reduce, avoid, and protect employees from hazards in the workplace, including other employees and occupational illness or disease. Administers the DOT, general liability, workers' compensation and other programs that influence the safety and health of employees, physical assets and brand.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
* Oversees the development and administration of corporate wide safety and risk policies and procedures; manages all aspects of the workers compensation program;
* Inspects work locations and critical infrastructure to ensure compliance with recognized safe employee working conditions and necessary asset protection to include detailed fire detection/suppression systems.
* Participates as an engaged partner in business continuity preparation and recovery activities following an event
* Implements regulatory requirements involving safety for all business units; ensures that all facilities are in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local safety regulations; Responsible for all OSHA reporting to include yearly reports as well as responding to regulatory inspections/violations as needed.
* Analyzes occupational injury, illness and accident reports to assess safety program effectiveness. Analyzes auto loss data to identify opportunities for improved fleet driver performance.
* Develop recommendations for improvements to work processes and safety programs; implements such improvements
* Partners with other departmental leaders to identify needs and influence change to obtain necessary results with limited resources.
* Leads activities around investigations of employee injuries, automobile losses as well as general liability claims from outside sources. Manages claim process and works to strategically reduce future claim exposure through proactive measures.
* 7 or more years of experience required in related field
* 5 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
* Requires strong working knowledge of desktop tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
* Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
* Must be flexible for emergency response activities as needed
* Valid driver s license with an acceptable driving history
* Ability to travel up to 25%
* BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired
* 2 or more years of experience in a management role preferred
* License/certificate from an accredited OSH organization to include CIH, CSP, CFPS.
* Actively working toward one of the certifications above
* Specialty knowledge or experience in any of the following (modified for current need)
* Electrical Safety
* Safety Data Analysis
* Motor Vehicle Safety/DOT
* Environmental/Industrial Hygiene
* OSHA Compliance
* Systems Technology
YOUR CAREER AT COX
From the valued customers we connect through our innovative communications services, to the employees we unite through exciting career opportunities, Cox is all about bringing people together and enhancing their lives.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in cable, telephone and commercial services, industry-leading customer care, and its outstanding workplaces. We are always looking for talented professionals to join our team! Cox offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package (healthcare, pension, and 401k) and a best-in-class working environment.
Cox is an equal employment opportunity employer, disabled/protected/veteran and a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. Learn more at: http://www.cox.com/.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Communications, Inc.
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-CA-San Diego-5159 Federal Blvd
OTHER LOCATIONS: 27121 Towne Centre Dr,US,CA,Foothill Ranch,92610
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Team Leader
SHIFT: Day Job
TRAVEL: Yes, 25 % of the Time
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing