Manager, Sales- State and Local Government (California)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/12/2017
The State and Local Government Sales organization has an immediate opening for a Sales Manager. You will be responsible for contributing to the achievement of SAS s strategic objectives and total account management through the implementation of sales and marketing strategies in the State of California. Take a look at what SAS has to offer the State and Local Government space here: http://www.sas.com/en_us/industry/government.html
Your responsibilities will include achieving total software revenue targets; planning and implementing growth plans, including sales, consulting services, and education services; directing management of sales and sales support activities for staff members to implement growth plans and sales activities; developing and implementing marketing, sales and business development plans to exceed agreed levels of profitable sales; generating new business through strategic-based selling and managing relationship with key customers; assigning appropriate sales goals to sales staff; determining optimal utilization of staff and resources to achieve sales goals; communicating with sales management team to coordinate account strategies; hiring, directing and evaluating staff for the region; formulating business plans to support the business development process; determining equitable sales assignments.
* Coordinates resources for specified sales methodology and promotes and reinforces solutions selling concepts.
* Leads sales representatives in meeting goals in day-to-day performance.
* Interprets sales policies, advises sales representatives in the handling of complicated sales and policy issues, and emphasizes the requirement for use of divisionally-adopted sales methodologies.
* Forecasts accurately new and renewal sales on a monthly and quarterly basis.
* Hires and is very involved in early and on-going training of new sales representatives.
* Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or quantitative field.
* Typically requires eight years of experience in software sales
* Two years in a leadership role, coordinating and/or supervising technical projects within the technology industry.
* Demonstrated experience in successfully achieving a sales target.
* Ability to travel as business needs require
* Work Location: Sacramento, California
* Demonstrated understanding of strategic sales techniques and principles specifically in the hardware and software industry.
* Demonstrated knowledge of at least three industries and/or market segments. Knowledge of corporate/government software or hardware acquisition cycles.
* Strong leadership, supervisory, and interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated proven record of complex solution selling.
* Demonstrated supervision skills in a sales organization.
* Demonstrated negotiation skills.
* Ability to manage, negotiate, and close multiple complex sales opportunities.
* Ability to work and learn independently; demonstrated ability to interact productively with all levels of staff.
* 8 years of experience working in State and Local Government of California *OR* selling software solutions to the State and Local Government of California
* Demonstrated success working with executive and legislative branches of state government
* Demonstrated understanding of state government procurement procedures and sales cycles
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn