Manager, Scientific (Digital) Communications & Analytics - San Clemente, CA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
San Juan Capistrano, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Mgr, Scientif Comm & Analytics in San Clemente, CA or Madison, NJ.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm
*Salary dependent upon experience*
REQ # 3763048
Quest Diagnostics Job Description
Job Title: Manager, Scientific Communications and Analytics
Reports To: Director, Global Scientific Communications and Publications Grade: 49
FLSA: Exempt Job Code: XXXXXX
The Scientific Digital Communications and Analytics Manager is accountable for directly planning and/or supporting the creation of strategic integrated communications programs in the areas of responsibility assigned to Scientific Communications, including but not limited to educational programs, webinars, key opinion leader development, and advocacy programs. A primary area of responsibility is strategic design, optimization, and maintenance of digital communications strategies and tools, including but not limited to the Clinical Education Center (CEC) website. The Manager will report to the Director of Global Scientific Communications and Publications.
The Manager will utilize digital and other scientific communication tools to work across multiple functions to synthesize complex medical and scientific data into compelling, understandable communications to be delivered to appropriate call points, healthcare industry thought-leaders, and diagnostics test decision makers/influencers. The incumbent will harness digital communications tools to increase participation in education, improve client knowledge from education, and otherwise expand the reach of Quest scientific communications, while optimizing costs. The Manager will consolidate, interpret, and report the analytics of the CEC events, website, digital communications, and other programs, and provide insight to colleagues to optimize the technology, content, and distribution of clinical education in order to generate the most efficient communications. The Manager will also consolidate, track, and manage the Clinical Education budget and work with finance to ensure accurate invoicing, accrual, and vendor payment. Lastly, the manager will coordinate and leverage partnerships and sponsorship packages with key professional organizations (e.g., AAFP, NSGC) to help publicize Quest Education events and materials.
* Strategic design, optimization, and maintenance of digital communications strategies and tools, including but not limited to the Clinical Education Center (CEC) website.
* Grow visibility of CEC content to external audiences through emails, eNewsletters, and enhanced content
* Develop and execute internal and external eCommunication of PP#1 publications to key KOLs, clinicians, and healthcare professionals via social media, PR, direct emails, and Key Summaries
* Provide Disease state and industry healthcare analyses and insights of clinical education unmet needs and clinician call point targeting
* Develop and maintain profiles and quality content on social media outlets such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to expand digital presence for Scientific Communications.
* Create and optimize web communications for search engine optimization
* Work with Corporate Communication Engagement Team to improve pickup by key credible scientific and professional social media (Quest Linkedin, Facebook, professional social media sites like Doximity and Sermo, etc )
* Leverage Professional Advocacy Partnerships (sponsorships that CEC negotiates) to deliver communications of education for the clinical franchises
* Proactively find, recommend, and upgrade Innovative digital Education and Communication tools that enhance efficiency (delivery and cost) of communications
* Work cross-functionally (Master Database team, Marketing Automation group, etc) to gather contact information and increase subscriptions to our electronic communications
* Ensure consistency with corporate branding guidelines as appropriate
* Ensure all content is compliant and reviewed via doc review and/or MMA
* Develop strategic plans to disseminate scientific communications content
* Work with clinical franchise product directors and medical directors to promote available clinical education information in order to generate awareness, differentiation, clinical practical application and/or, health economic impacts of key launches to HCPs, KOLs and Professional Advocacy Organizations
* Work with internal and external stakeholders to help drive awareness and adoption of new diagnostic technologies into the medical community via external education programs
* Prepare communications (eg, emails, social media posts, and blogs) as required
* Measure Awareness, Response, and Impact of communications (survey and Google Analytics), and provide reports on a monthly and ad-hoc basis.
* Manage research projects to monitor and quantify results of digital tools, education, and communication
* Oversee communications and relationships with vendors
* Oversee budget consolidation, tracking, and management
* Support other activities within Scientific Publications and Communications as required
* Strong technical background with ability to perform CEC content revisions/updates, web analytics, and Search Engine Optimization
* Strong project management and timeline execution skills
* Strong negotiation skills for vendor relations and contract execution
* Strong communications skills
* Financial acumen and attention to detail-orientation
* Ability to consolidate and synthesize complex scientific data to optimize digital education and communications
* Strong analytic skills to develop strategies, business plans, and execution plans based on fact-based finding
* Disciplined, detail-oriented project manager
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, simultaneous, complex tasks and meet deadlines with high emphasis on quality
* Ability to work cross-functionally and influence those outside of span of control
* Understanding of the diagnostics commercialization process and knowledge of the regulatory and legal guidelines affecting clinician communications
* Management and tracking of budget to fund education activities
Required: Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, Journalism, or Science
Preferred: Doctorate or MBA Preferred
* At least four years of progressively expanding roles in communications or other related business discipline
* Prior experience with continuing education program management preferred
* Leadership on projects and managing vendors
* 5-10 years in marketing leadership roles
* Experience leading and implementing education programs
* Understanding of hospitals/laboratories and the health care industry
Licenses and Certifications
Physical and Cognitive
Required: Ability to physically, visually and audibly perform all essential functions. Excellent listening, speaking and presentation skills. Strong professional, ethical and personal integrity