Manager/Senior Manager, Federal Tax
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
New Orleans, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONWhen you choose KPMG as the place to build your career in tax, you can really add value. KPMG's tax partners and professionals pride themselves on understanding our clients' business strategy and needs, providing a broad range of federal, state, local and international tax services to meet those needs. We are currently seeking a Manager/Senior Manager to join our Busniess Tax Services practice in our New Orleans office.
Responsibilities for Both:
- Provide tax compliance and advisory services to partnerships, corporations, and S-corporations for a variety of clients from Fortune 100 companies to emerging businesses
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team helping to provide industry knowledge and experiences
- Manage a portfolio of clients of varying size and scope and act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Manage teams of tax professionals and assistants working on client projects
- Advise clients and be responsible for delivering high quality tax service and advice
- Participate in and contribute to market and business activities external to the firm
Additional Responsibilities for Senior Manager:
- Manage risk and financial performance of engagements including billing, collections, and project budgets
- Team with other professionals to identify new marketplace opportunities and grow the KPMG tax practice
Qualifications for Both:
- Five years of corporate tax experience in an accounting firm, corporation, and/or law firm
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university; licensed CPA, J.D., or LL.M. (Please note that any candidate hired by KPMG into this position that doesn't currently possess one of the aforementioned credentials/designations will be required to secure one within one year from the commencement of employment)
- Strong knowledge of FAS 109
- Experience with corporate taxation, consolidations, and partnerships
- Experience managing multiple client engagements and client service teams
Additional Qualifications for Senior Manager:
- Eight years of corporate tax experience in an accounting firm, corporation and/or law firm
- Experience mentoring and counseling staff level team members
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
No phone calls or agencies please.
One Firm. One Team. Countless Opportunities.
KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.
KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). .