Manager/Senior Manager, M&A Tax
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager/Senior Manager to join our Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
- Lead engagement teams in the planning, execution, and delivery of designated M&A Tax consulting projects, specifically section 382 ownership change analyses(both qualitative and quantitative), tax basis in subsidiary stock studies, earnings & profits (E&P) studies, transaction cost analyses, legal entity rationalization projects and group restructurings, debt modifications and workouts, and cancellation of debt income and attribute reduction modeling analyses
- Advise external and internal clients on the federal income tax consequences of the full spectrum of corporate and shareholder transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, formations, liquidations, distributions, redemptions, and reorganizations, with particular emphasis on consolidated return regulations
- Research and analyze corporate and consolidated return tax issues in connection with the preparation, review, and delivery of written tax advice such as technical memoranda, tax opinion letters, and private letter ruling requests
- Collaborate with leadership on the development and implementation of best practices and tools that provide for the continuous improvement of the National Projects Group's service offerings
- Train, motivate, and develop staff, senior, and manager level members on all facets of the practice, including application of current and new/developing tax laws, engagement processes, risk management policies, engagement economics, and new business development
- Team with M&A Tax leadership on effective execution of 'go-to-market' strategy to achieve quality growth goals
Additional Responsibilities for Senior Manager:
- Team with other professionals to help identify new marketplace opportunities and grow the KPMG tax practice
- Manage a portfolio of clients of varying size and scope and act as the first point of contact for internal and external clients
- Five years of federal corporate tax and consolidated return group experience in a Big 4 accounting firm, including extensive experience with section 382 ownership change quantitative analysis (and preferably, also computations of tax basis in consolidated subsidiary stock)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
- CPA or J.D./LL.M. (Please note that any candidate hired by KPMG into this position that doesn't currently possess one of the aforementioned credentials/designations will be required to secure one within one year from the commencement of employment)
- Deep knowledge of subchapter C, bankruptcy and insolvency taxation, and consolidated return regulations
- Demonstrated leadership ability and the ability to manage multiple engagements and client service teams
- Excellent computational analysis and research and writing skills
Additional Qualifications for Senior Manager:
- Eight years of federal corporate tax and consolidated return group experience in a public accounting firm, corporate tax department, or law firm
- Experience building and managing client relationships
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please. .