Manager / Senior Manager, Systems Program Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Santa Cruz, CA
* Manage a team of global Systems, Software and Hardware program managers located in Santa Cruz and UK, providing day-to-day management and leadership on functional and program issues.
* Own hardware and systems portfolio execution through delivery on cost, schedule, and performance targets
* Lead and/or guide escalations and communication on program status and issues to associates in technical, non-technical, and executive leadership functions.
* Track program metrics and milestones, with quarterly reporting of overall portfolio execution health.
* Actively drive the program managers and program teams to manage full HW/FW/SW systems through training, mentorship, guidance, and example. Champion and lead systems thinking and management.
* Continually ensure lockstep coordination between SW development (mobile, desktop, cloud) and HW development on all programs.
* Actively participate in refinement and redevelopment of existing product development processes
* Work with programs and teams to set and monitor project budgets, quarterly portfolio budget roll ups, and help teams mitigate budget issues as they arise.
* Lead the definition, development, deployment, maintenance of program management enterprise tools, with continuous improvements for efficiency, impact, speed, and relevancy.
* Define and deploy skill requirements and training plans for program managers to keep pace with forward-looking portfolio requirements. Directly coach, mentor, and guide staff as required.
* Support the development and management of the program portfolio, including--but not limited to--detailed program sizing, scheduling analyses, product development capacity and skillset planning, and strategic issue identification for portfolio and roadmap decision-making
* BS in an engineering discipline, SW/EE/CE preferred, MS desired.
* 10+ years Program management experience with high-volume electronics products in a HW/FW/systems environment.
* 5+ Years functional (people) management experience
* Experience with agile and waterfall development methodologies.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively across the organization including technical, non-technical, and executive management roles.
* Strong technical background.
* Solid understanding of product development lifecycles.
* Experience with enterprise-wide project management tools such as Rally, Jira, MS project, Oracle, Salesforce, or equivalent.