Manager/Senior Manager, Tax Controversy Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager/Senior Manager to join our Business Tax Services practice.
Responsibilities for Both:
- Represent clients at various levels of their IRS controversy from examination, through appeals and into post appeal mediation and arbitration
- May represent clients in Fast Track proceedings, Early Referral proceedings, and Pre Filing Agreement submissions
- General involvement and management of IRS audits, including responding to Information Document Requests, Notices of Proposed Adjustments and other exam related matters
- Prepare Protests to Thirty Day Letters and represent clients at the appeals level
- Assist in the delivery of research credit services and with voluntary disclosures to the IRS to correct compliance errors involving missed filings, withholding tax errors and other similar issues
- Review penalty abatement request letters and assist in the execution of penalty abatement services in state and federal penalty cases
Additional Responsibilities for Senior Manager:
- Build awareness of opportunities to provide additional services to existing clients
- Supervise, mentor, and develop staff members
Qualifications for Both:
- Five years of tax experience performing tax research, representing clients in federal controversies and providing technical advice on tax issues; government attorneys need experience in representing the government position in federal tax matters
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university and a licensed CPA or JD/LLM (Please note that any candidate hired by KPMG into this position that doesn't currently possess one of the aforementioned credentials/designations needs to secure one within one year from the commencement of employment)
- Specific knowledge of transfer pricing issues and resolution processes including Competent Authority proceedings and APAs
- Experience working for or dealing with the government in the tax controversy space, focused on cases in LB&I, or controversy experience in another public accounting firm, law firm and/or corporate controversy experience, similarly focused on LB&I process and issues
- Strong understanding of the operations of the IRS, its procedures and its processes
- Excellent communication, public speaking, research and writing skills with the ability to articulate complex tax issues and position
Additional Qualifications for Senior Manager:
- Eight years of tax experience performing tax research, representing clients in federal controversies and providing technical advice on tax issues, if a government attorney, experience in representing the government position in federal tax matters necessary
- Experience mentoring and counseling staff level team members
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please. .