Manager - Site Reliability Engineering ( Cloud Services )
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSplunk is seeking a Manager to join their cloud Site ReliabilityEngineering team. This manager will lead a team of talented and innovative Cloud SREs. The group is using Amazon Web Services (AWS) to host our Cloud Services. We are looking for a Manager to provide leadership and guidance to drive the Operations efforts in process and procedural improvement to keep up with the ever expanding business, without inhibiting creativity and innovation.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of making smart technology decisions, and working with teams on architecting, implementing, and supporting global solutions. We already have a number of great solutions and approaches in place and looking for a Manager that can join and help take the team and environment to the next level!
* Ensure the Cloud SRE team meets/exceeds the needs of our customers (internal and external) in both the short and long term
* Establish and track performance metrics and workload to ensure we meet capacity growth requirements and ensure our customer needs are met in a timely fashion
* Ensure successful deployment and maintenance of Splunk instances within AWS in a manner that meets or exceeds all SLA requirements
* Keep the team focused, productive, and motivated
* Refine SLA's and ensure designs/architecture in place to meet needs
* Work with Security team to support/enable Security related projects and initiatives
* Ensure team stays on top of newest technology, tools, approaches and ensure Splunk adopts these at the appropriate time
* Provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities and 24 x 7 support
* Work with team to refine and create related policies, procedures, and best practices
* Set employee objectives, monitor and evaluate performance, and provide feedback and mentoring
* 7+ years in the SaaS industry
* Strong understanding of Public vs Private Cloud and best use cases.
* Past experience utilizing AWS for delivery for services
* Strong understanding of Server, Virtualization, and Storage architecture, implementation, and support
* Experience supporting Engineering environments
* Knowledge and prior use of Splunk preferred
* Experience with Datacenter management
* Working knowledge of ITIL fundamentals
* Experience with using outsourced NOC/SOC support a plus
* Ability to work effectively with staff, peers, and others in and outside the organization to accomplish goals, objectives and to identify and resolve problems
* BachelorDegree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or other related field