Manager, Social Scientist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Imagine your next position as a Manager, Social Scientist for a Fortune 200 Company with a rich tradition of success, built on a foundation of iconic brands, and state-of-the-art research and manufacturing facilities. At the Altria family of companies, we're not content with just maintaining the status quo. We're determined to leverage our resources toward true innovation; product innovation, process simplification, new ways of thinking and doing.
We have created an atmosphere where we are committed to personal development and achieving your career goals. This is your opportunity to unleash your potential, be a part of a passionate, committed, highly effective team and work on leading-edge products in a rapidly evolving space.
We are currently looking for a Consumer and Marketplace Insights Manager, Social Scientist at our headquarters in Richmond, VA.
The Consumer and Marketplace Insight department's role is to provide high quality market research to the Altria family of companies by leveraging best in class techniques and supports the exploration and development of innovative and cutting edge tools. We are currently seeking an experienced advanced analytics researcher to join our department in Richmond, VA.
The selected candidate will be a critical resource in supporting our consumer perceptions and harm reduction platforms and requires an excellent working knowledge on key research topics such as consumer science models, survey methodology and perception and behavior research that lead to actionable consumer insights that support the Operating Companies. The position of Social Scientist Researcher is a unique opportunity to guide behavioral science to demonstrate potential reduced individual and population harm of tobacco products.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT ALTRIA:
* Design, manage and implement consumer research studies including: development of protocols and study materials, evaluation of statistical analysis plans and review of study analyses and reports.
* Provide technical writing to support FDA applications.
* Provide subject matter expertise for qualitative and quantitative methodologies to assess consumer perceptions and behavioral intentions.
* Develop and execute plans to achieve objectives as a cross-functional team leader, leading collaboratively within framework of general goals, concepts and policies.
* Conduct exploratory statistical analysis of data and interpretation of results for conference presentations and/or manuscript submissions.
* Manage multiple priorities and projects in a rapidly changing environment.
* Share key learning from research studies conducted and aid in strategic interpretation of data. Make recommendations based on research finding.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
* An advanced in degree in Psychology, Sociology, Quantitative Methods, or related fields. PhD preferred.
* 8 to 10 years of relevant work experience (Background in CPG, Biostatistics, Public Health Policy a plus)
* Demonstrated ability to effectively engage and influence internal and external stakeholders.
* Demonstrated ability to employ statistical software for data analysis (SAS preferred).
* Excellent advanced capabilities in survey development and validation.
* Ability to multi-task and manage priorities in a deadline-oriented department and work in a collaborative manner in a team-oriented environment.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to summarize analyses in Microsoft Office (e.g., PowerPoint).
* Expertise in consumer research, including survey design, methodology strengths and limitations, and how to best address business questions.
The Altria Family of Companies includes Philip Morris USA, US Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton, Nu Mark and more. Our mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products. Our core brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal, Black and Mild and MarkTen. Altria Client Services' role is to provide high quality services to the Altria family of companies. We are committed to true innovation, process simplification, diversity and inclusion, and rewarding our employees with strong benefits.
Our benefits include:
* Competitive salary with annual incentive compensation target
* Medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees, spouses or domestic partners and eligible dependents
* Deferred Profit Sharing Plan that includes options for personal contributions and company match as well as additional company contributions
* A minimum of 3 weeks of vacation, 14 paid holidays and vacation purchase option
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.