Manager, Software Applications
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 12/9/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
BioTelemetry Technology provides software and devices for real-time remote heart monitoring and analysis using our own innovative solutions. Come join our team and have a direct and positive impact on the lives of people every day!
If you understand the concept of there is no I in team and know that soapboxes are for, well, holding soap; then you are the kind of person that we want. We are looking for a team LEADER (not just a manager) for our Application Software engineers. Bring the leadership skills of Patton, the diplomacy skills of Thacher and the motivational skills of Tony Robbins to drive your team (and yourself) to success.
We will be looking to you to plan, design and execute our projects for success. You understand project planning, risk identification and mitigation, critical path analysis, team building and mentorship. The ideal candidate will come with a background in application software architecture, design and development of client-server distributed systems and have the ability to plan, prioritize and track multiple simultaneous projects.
We want YOU to help us support our current and future medical device products.
This position involves:
* Coordinating with stakeholders and functional groups, within our family of companies, to develop and maintain project plans for all assigned projects
* Identify resource constraints and gaps and assist in developing remediation plans
* Identify project risks and work to develop mitigation/prioritization strategies
* Create and/or assist in the creation, management and maintenance of project related documents
* Track and report on project budgets
* Assist in the support of current operational systems and in the development and implementation of a road-map for future systems
* Prepare reports, as needed, to present to management on the status of projects
* Conduct managerial administrative tasks related to staffing, counseling and reviewing
* Travel, as required, to corporate or partner sites for project coordination.
Candidates should have experience in at least the following areas:
* BS Degree in an engineering discipline, MS Degree preferred
* 7+ years experience as a hands-on engineer
* 3+ years experience managing engineers and multiple concurrent projects
* Team leadership, project planning/execution
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, able to articulate technically complex ideas to several different audiences
* Complete familiarity with various software development life-cycle methodologies
* Microsoft Office
* Microsoft Project
* Microsoft Visio
Experience in the following areas would be a PLUS:
* Software defect tracking systems (TestTrack, Bugzilla, Mantis, etc.)
* Software version control management and related systems (Subversion, Jenkins)
* Document management systems
* Familiarity with FDA guidelines related to medical device development
Salary is commensurate with experience and expertise. BioTelemetry benefits include employee stock purchase plan, 401(k) with employer match, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
BioTelemetry is an EOE.
Braemar Biotelemetry Technology