Manager - Software Dev Engineer 8/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB LOCATION
United States : North Carolina : Cary
Manages multiple development projects, development groups and/or application support functions for the Global Analytics and Data Services Organization (GADS). This role will have a primary focus on Business Intelligence Services. Responsible for the development, delivery, and support of multiple, complex, organization-wide systems. Defines and manages resource requirements and allocations, monitors and improves quality, and ensures 'best practice' development techniques. Partners closely with technology and business stakeholders to develop and implement Business Intelligence applications that serve to improve our business processes. Directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Assists in developing vendor statements of work, deliverables and Service Level Agreements. Responsible for financial management, including, budget, forecasting, and financial planning activities. Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
Full people management responsibility, including hiring, performance & compensation management, and training & career development. Oversee and grow vendor partnerships to ensure performance and deliverables meet contract specifications.
* 10+ years of Software Development experience
* 5+ years' experience in data focused roles (Business Intelligence, Database, ETL, Advanced Analytic systems)
* Demonstrated experience with financial management, including budget, forecasting, and financial planning activities
* 5+ years of experience in a supervisory or team lead role
* 3+ years' management experience with direct reports
* Experience with insurance/financial systems
* Prior development experience with Business Intelligence & Data Visualization Technology such as Cognos, QlikView, and Qlik Sense
* PMP, ITIL certification
* Prior work experience with large scale Global Corporation
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field