Manager, Software Development
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
This is a unique opportunity to own and drive all facets of the SmartFusion development operation. We are looking for a blend of business acumen, software development and team leadership.
Do you have a blend of leadership, project management, product vision, financial savvy, and agile development experience*
Do you enjoy inspiring diverse teams of developers and driving continuous improvement*
Are you a motivated self-starter; with a focus on team and client success, and operational efficiency*
The Manager of Software Development has ownership of:
* Product research and innovation
* Improvement of existing products
* Incorporation of newly acquired product sets into the current list of corporate assets
* Integration and support of third party solutions with Harris product sets
* Translate business goals and product requirements into actionable development plans.
* Ensure that development projects are delivered on time and within budget.
* Strategic planning, direction and control of product development activities; as well as technical input into the overall business unit strategy.
* Communicate strategy developments, providing ongoing executive updates, prioritizing initiatives, and escalating roadblocks to executive leadership.
* Communicate development progress and issues to senior management and across the organization.
* Manage both onsite and offshore development teams.
* Proactively foster and build channels of communication across business units to ensure collaboration and achievement of organizational objectives.
* Provide technical direction and guidance for all product development and support services needs throughout the organization.
* Continually evaluate the organizational structure and current technology as a means to enhance productivity and implementing appropriate changes.
* Communicate industry trends and emerging new technologies that can provide the organization with a competitive advantage.
* Capture ideas and identifying opportunities that can be researched and explored for feasibility through contact with customers; initiating industry comparisons and conducting competitive benchmarking.
* Manage strategic partnerships with vendors and suppliers.
* Perform a full range of leadership responsibilities which may include but not be limited to: interviewing, hiring, coaching and developing employees, assigning and directing work, driving performance management and managing department budgets.
* Display consistent desire to learn; seek professional growth opportunities; continually embrace techniques regularly presented in Harris PSSG Sales U site within Harris SharePoint.
* Attend training and develop relevant knowledge, techniques, and skills.
* Bachelors in Computer and Information Science
* Microsoft SQL Server
* Agile Application Development
* Excellent written and communication skills
* Organize, lead and inspire your team. Translate high-level organizational goals to staff work goals.
* Provide aggressive leadership to motivate team to develop and maintain a work ethic featuring both maximum productivity and optimal creativity.
* Create and maintain detailed product roadmap, tracking progress toward quarterly goals and providing guidance on tactical product execution.
* Manage scope throughout each release cycle.
* Understanding of monthly financial variances, forecasting of operational costs
* Drive development team to consistently improve cycle time, quality and time to deployment
* Accountable for completion of product / software development to meet market windows of opportunity
* Ensure on-time delivery of new software within budget.
* Participate with SmartFusion leadership team to establish strategic plans and objectives
SmartFusion is a newly organized division of Harris Computer Systems that provides local government software and solutions to over 150 municipalities, counties and utilities across the United States. We offer the opportunity, autonomy and culture of a tech startup with the backing of a well-established $350M+ company, a combination unlike any other in the space. As the flagship product, we build a diverse product offering of solutions, and value professionals that can translate vision into action. SmartFusion is a truly unique opportunity for leaders who will embrace the ambiguity of new beginnings while simultaneously defining the future of our organization.
Harris Computer Systems is a member of the Constellation Software Inc. group of companies. Constellation Software is a rapidly growing conglomerate of vertical market software (VMS) companies; each focused upon dominating its respective market niche. Constellation's growth is based on a simple strategy: identify promising VMS firms; acquire them; and then integrate them into the Constellation family while building on their fundamental strengths to help them become world class organizations.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Harris to ensure that its management and employment practices are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, sexual orientation, protected physical or mental disability, amnesty, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.