Manager, Software Engineering
Are you an aspiring Software engineering manager looking for an opportunity to work in a fast paced and fun environment* Then consider joining us here at Skillsoft. We are looking to fill one position and can be located in either Boston or Nashua, NH. We are just getting started with building our next generation SaaS platform with a goal of being the best in the industry . Our platform lets our 6000+ customers consume content from a variety of sources with a strong focus on video, from any device, with features that fit the needs of learner. We believe that our customers deserve the best platform and we are delivering on those needs with the platform you will be working on. You could be the one to help us achieve this goal!
The Software engineering manager is a technical leadership role on the Skillsoft engineering team. Our engineering team is growing, and we re looking for great leaders who can help us attract, mentor and retain more great engineers. We believe that exceptional employees are the key to our success and are looking for a software engineering manager who can coach these employees and help align their goals with organizational needs while building great software products.
* Recruiting engineers that know what great software looks like, and want to create it
* Coaching and mentoring individuals to help them do the best work of their lives
* Facilitating continuous learning for yourself and your team
* Driving continuous improvement and technical excellence
* Mentor engineering teams through formal and informal discussions, design reviews, technical presentations, peer code reviews, etc.
* Establish credibility with brilliant engineers quickly
* Hands-on design and code writing
Knowledge and Skills
* 10+ years of strong software engineering background working with large-scale enterprise environments
* 3+ years of experience as a manager
* Have demonstrated experience managing technical teams, setting goals and crafting plans to achieve them
* Experience leading high performing teams with onsite and remote members
* Proficient at building engineering teams that ship with predictability and high quality
* Proficiency with Open source tools and technologies
* Experience in continuous integration / continuous deployment processes
* Experience building public/private cloud solutions for large-scale enterprises
* Experience working with devOps to support internal engineering activities is a plus
Education and Certifications
BS/MS in Computer Science Preferred