Manager, Software Engineering
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB #: 16082402-P
JOB DESCRIPTION: Profitable, pre-IPO Software Company launching a revolutionary platform in a multi-billion dollar space is hiring a new Software Development Manager! If you love motivating, and mentoring a small development team, are able to herd cats, and are still technical enough to discuss architecture and coding decisions - this is the role for you!
Their web based software platform is highly data-driven and used by media and SMB customers to help them make critical business decisions that affect their bottom line. If hired, you will get to use your coaching and mentoring skills to make a smart team more productive and organized. You'll direct the development scheduling of new features and take ownership of the performance of a small (6 engineers) development team.
The Work Environment - Our client is proud of their dynamic, work hard/play hard atmosphere where you'll work in a flat structure where everyone gets a say and influence products in a major way. This is a great opportunity if you like working with other bright people, but without large egos. They provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
* Provide leadership, guidance and motivation to the development team
* Manage day-to-day triage of tickets, break-fix items and enhancements. Ensure tickets are correctly prioritized.
* Oversee code deployment process, ensuring sufficient change testing, defect tracking and coverage for after-hours support.
* Build relationships with business stakeholders, infrastructure teams, other IT teams and vendors. Drive projects and improvement activities across the extended team(s).
* Manage development of Cloud based micro services (AWS) using technologies like NODE.JS, Angular, cloud search, S3 and many more services used in our online service offering.
* Evaluate requirements of feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
* Analyze product requirements and create softwarearchitectures and designs
* Design and develop state-of-the-art approaches to solving complex and ambiguous problems
* Cultivate engineering and operational excellence through metrics and continuous learning
* Mentor and grow superstar SDEs to take on increasingly higher responsibilities
To apply, send your resume for confidential review to Kanani Masterson (firstname.lastname@example.org). This is a fulltime position based in San Diego, CA. Local candidates only, please.
* $120,000 to $150,000
* Comprehensive 100%paid employee health benefits
* Dental, Vision coverage
* Flexible Work Schedule
* 4 weeks' vacation + 2 weeks' sick time to start.
* Must have minimum of 3 years management/leadership experience over a team of at least 4 engineers
* Must have minimum of 10 years of hands-on software development experience with proven track record of delivering results
* 2+ years' experience managing software teams that develop or maintain web-based, SaaS, or cloud based business applications.
* Must have a strong background in systemarchitecture, cloud technologies and/or digital media.
* Working knowledge of both traditional and Agile software development methodologies.
* Familiarity with software development tools for task management (Atlassian JIRA).
* Experience with Angular, Node.JS, AWS and MEAN stack.
* Success delivering products/services in a high-growth environment, exhibiting strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous customer-focused problems
* Able to lead complex technical discussions with developers and engineers, building consensus and creating action plans.
* High attention to detail with proven ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
* Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization, including Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Customer Support, and Senior Leadership
* Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions
* BSDegree in Computer Science preferred.