Manager, Sr. Manager, Human Resources Business Partners (Research & Development)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
At SAS people are our most valuable asset, and our Human Resources organization is instrumental in ensuring that we are developing and delivering programs that enhance the overall employee experience. We take great pride in being annually recognized as a great place to work, and strive to continually innovate in people leadership and employee development.
As a Human Resources Manager, you will advise and support a team of HR Business Partners on all HR-related areas including performance management, career planning, leadership development, coaching, talent acquisition, total rewards/compensation and policy interpretation.
In addition, you will work closely with executive leaders and be instrumental in helping their business drive growth and meet their potential. Working closely with the HRBP team, the responsibilities encompass initiating the development of relevant action plans; facilitating conflict-resolution at all levels; consulting with managers and employees; and advising on performance management and employee relations situations. You will also partner with HR specialist groups on talent acquisition, organizational design, compensation, and leadership development programs.
* Promotes our mission of creating a culture where employees are highly engaged. Helps leaders and employees understand our culture and live it. Seeks feedback, measures progress and takes action to foster positive culture.
* Embraces leadership responsibilities including hiring, training, reviewing performance, giving feedback, delegating work assignments, and communicating department and company goals.
* Collaborates with and supports efforts of all HR Business Partners and key business leaders on developing and implementing business strategies and priorities.
* Identifies HR implications of client group s business strategies and assists in developing relevant action plans. Influences management to see the value of these actions and the link to their business strategies.
* Influences management decisions while aligning with HR corporate programs and the Company s overall business strategy.
* Recognizes opportunities within the business, develops recommendations and implements solutions.
* Partners with the business to develop programs that support their goals and a high performing organization.
* Identifies ways to enhance manager/employee communications as they relate to performance management and productivity.
* Implements, reviews, and continuously evaluates HR services and processes to ensure we are consistently meeting the needs of the business.
* Bachelor s degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Business Administration or a related field.
* Eight years of professional HR Business Partner experience handling a variety of responsibilities in several of the following areas: recruiting/employment, employee relations, compensation, benefits, or learning development.
* Experience influencing executives and building trust with leadership teams.
* Experience must include working with a HR information/management system, preferably Workday and iCIMS.
* Two years of experience in a leadership role which may include leading project teams, mentoring and/or similar leadership experiences.
* Associate s degree in the same fields plus 2 years of stated essential qualifications ~or~
* High school diploma (GED) plus 4 years of stated essential qualifications.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
* Ability to cultivate trust through listening and building partnerships with business leaders.
* Experience supporting global employee groups for a technology oriented organization.
* Ability to see the \\"big picture and act as change agent.
* Familiarity with immigration laws and procedures.
* Strong data analysis skills with the ability to tell a story with data .
* Excellent consultative, influencing, conflict management/facilitation, and diplomacy skills.
* Ability to create innovative solutions to complex business problems.
* Demonstrated ability to develop proven HR programs that align with business strategies.
* Strong business sense with a demonstrated ability to develop proven HR programs.
* Strong team player and the ability to think \\"out of the box\\".
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn