Manager, State & Local Tax - Alternative Investments
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Salt Lake City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager/Senior Manager to join our State and Local Tax (SALT) practice.
- Assist multi-state real estate, hedge fund, and private equity (Alternative Investment) companies with state and local tax issues, including compliance, advising, planning, and controversies
- Assist multi-state Alternative Investment companies with state and local tax controversies which includes preparing clients for discussions with auditors, representing the client at hearings & appeal meetings, and preparing protests
- Review information presented on state income tax returns, including partnership returns, before, during, and after preparation
- Assist KPMG audit teams with review and analysis of state tax-related income and balance sheet items
- Research and draft technical memoranda regarding income and franchise tax questions
- Supervise, mentor, and develop staff
Additional Responsibilities for Senior Manager:
- Assist multi-state companies with analyzing state tax considerations and impacts related to structural alternatives, business transactions, and withholding
- Five years of experience performing tax research and providing technical advice on multi-state tax issues
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Licensed CPA or J.D./LL.M. or MST (Master's in Taxation) for non-CPA eligible candidates (Please note that any candidate hired by KPMG into this position that doesn't currently possess one of the aforementioned credentials/designations will be required to secure one within one year from the commencement of employment)
- Ability to develop business and foster client relationships
- Ability and desire to perform in a high energy team environment
- Excellent writing, communication, and tax research skills
Additonal Qualifications for Senior Manager:
- Eight years of experience in providing partnership compliance and tax research and technical advice on multi-state issues
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please. .