Manager, State and Local Government
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager in Customer & Operations for our Management Consulting practice.
- Manage and deliver large, complex public services/state/local government engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology services for state/local government clients
- Develop and execute methodologies and solutions specific to the public sector and state/local government industry
- Handle engagement risk, project economics, planning and budgeting, account receivables, and definition of deliverable content to help ensure buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels
- Develop and maintain relationships with Senior Management at state/local government agencies
- Evaluate projects from a technical stance, helping to ensure that development methods are correct and practical; evaluate risks related to requirements management, business process definition, testing processes, internal controls, project communications, training, and organizational change management
- Manage the day-to-day interactions with client managers
- Eight years of management consulting experience as a technical architect responsible for large scale application design and architecture, and focused in the public services and state/local government industry
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Sciences or Information Systems from an accredited college/university
- Demonstrated ability to identify business opportunities, attract new business, and build lasting professional relationships with senior client executives; relevant skills in project management with experience in the full life-cycle of a project
- Knowledge of systems development life cycle processes, including hands on experience creating testing scripts, leading user acceptance tests, and reporting on status
- Knowledge in at least one of the standard relational databases, such as Oracle, DB2, or SQL Server and experience in relational/object database implementation and integration
- Experience with enterprise architecture frameworks, including TOGAF, DODAF, and/or FEAF
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please. .