Manager, Store Operations and Planning-Grand Rapids, MI
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Gordon Food Service
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAre you looking for a new opportunity with a strong, stable and financially smart company? Do you want the opportunity for advancement in your career? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you; for more than a century we have been honoring our promises to our customers and employees. As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family-owned company has a history of pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
The continued growth of current and new markets allows for the addition of new talent to join our team. We re seeking great people looking for professional and personal growth and a place to make a difference in people s lives. If you are interested in joining an innovative, supportive, values-driven company, we invite you to consider a career with Gordon Food Service.
Gordon Food Service Stores is in search of an Manager, Store Operations and Planning.
This role is responsible for leading the Home Office Operations Team in developing and implementing the programs, policies and procedures that support the daily operations of the store business unit. This role will collaborate with all levels of the organization to develop strategies and company initiatives that optimize business outcomes while leveraging critical thinking, analytical skills, business and financial acumen to proactively develop alternative solutions to operational and business opportunities through regular engagement with our home office, field and store teams. Optimizes the workforce management planning/task process between stores, field and home office along with achieving organizational measurement targets in labor budgeting, service and operations standards through workforce management team and tool sets are additional responsibilities.
Primary functions of this position include:
* Develops and implements changes that improve overall store operations processes (service, productivity, execution and communication) that are likely to add value to the stores. Provides store representation on organizational projects in developing process/procedure including in projects such as store design for new stores and store remodels by providing improved operational workflow, equipment and tools.
* Supports the vision of service and store operations standards culture through the continuous assessment of tools utilized at the field and store level in support of achieving organizational service and operational standard measurements.
* Collaborates with operations senior manager in developing vision and strategic road map of store operations by preparing and delivering high-level insights and recommendations based on analyses of financial and KPI data and takes into consideration current industry trending.
* Assesses financial and key performance data weekly with operations senior manager in enhancing business outcomes by eliminating reactionary effort in offsetting any negative business/operational exposure.
* Ensures standard operational manual is updated and maintained as the foundation for company programs, procedures and policies. Serves as a subject matter expert for operational standards, policies/procedures, and ensures organizational compliance to regulatory/licensing requirements and execution.
* Aligns operations programs with measurable metrics that are tied to performance objectives of operations team members and performs regular metric review with team in achieving operational performance targets.
* Oversees the annual process of refreshing operational performance and recognition programs such as quarterly and yearly store and district of the quarter/year, raving fan and voice of customer feedback content. Manages operations program administrator to ensure the timely and accurate processing of these programs.
* Interviews, hires, trains, and retains staff as needed. Conducts performance monitoring of staff, initiating follow-through with disciplinary action and termination in consultation with Human Resources and/or Director when appropriate. Mentors, motivates, and develops staff and act as a role model and resource to them.
* Manages the workflow specialist to ensure task workflow/store walk execution at home office, field and stores through weekly review of metric reporting. Identifies opportunities to refresh store and district mobile walks in collaboration with workflow specialist.
* Collaborates with finance team and labor team in planning annual labor budget and then ensures workforce scheduling system meets the weekly labor targets while ensuring the needed labor allocation to support store service, task and store operations staffing requirements through workforce team and tool.
* Manages the process of updating labor standards as new processes, services, equipment and programs are introduced in tuning workforce scheduling system. Ensure labor team is completing the needed theoretical labor modeling in quantifying labor costs associated with proposed change management at store level in developing activity based costing in quantifying operating expense.
* Bachelor s degree in Business or related field.
* Five years or more retail management experience with multi-unit responsibility along with experience with financial planning and business analytics.
* Knowledge of labor management and workflow processes.
* Project Management - Strong organizational and project management skills to follow through on vision throughout implementation and delivery.
* Analytical Skills - Strong analytical skills to interpret meaningful themes from quantitative data. Proven methodological skills (e.g., data analysis, trend forecasting). Ability to articulate key financial measures, and how they are used in key systems/tools.
* Business Planning - Strong knowledge in financial business planning and a high level of understanding and experience with business math and wholesale/retail financial analysis.
* Travel up to 50%.
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a GFS customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not! Click here for more details.
Our People Make the Difference Gordon Food Service Stewardship Report
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco free.