Manager, Strategic Sourcing - Craftsman & DieHard
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Hoffman Estates, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Strategic Sourcing (SSI) group supports Craftsman branded products within the KCD Brands Business unit through the development and management merchandise sourcing analyses, strategies and negotiations.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager plays a leadership role in supporting all SSI efforts, including developing financial analyses, negotiation strategies, and sourcing decisions for resale merchandise. This individual is also instrumental in coordinating and directing various activities and deliverables that are critical in formulating the strategic direction of the Craftsman brand by performing in-depth analyses of the business and industry, including quantitative and qualitative impacts; development of negotiation strategies to maximize profits and competitive positioning; and creating vendor sourcing strategies that strengthen the Craftsman product offering through vendor alliances and diversifications. This position is responsible for managing multiple large-scale projects and contract negotiations simultaneously, and the manager must possess superior communication and interpersonal skills that facilitate effective direction and delegation others within the enterprise to optimize results. A candidate for this position must be a highly creative problem-solver who thrives in a dynamic environment, and uses change management to guide and coach others to execute with speed and purpose.
Responsibilities:* Project Management - Lead sourcing projects and initiatives by working closely with key stakeholders and the SHC Global Sourcing organization. Identify stakeholder expectations and ensure that the sourcing project objectives, scope, and deliverables meet stakeholder expectations.
* Communication Skills - Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills are a must. A Strategic Sourcing Manager is the liaison within the enterprise in co-managing sourcing initiatives and increasing direct import penetration. The strong ability to present to senior management, build relationships, and become an influencer in major strategic decisions are critical to being a successful manager.
* Negotiations - Prior knowledge and experience negotiating and working with complex legal contracts is a big plus.
* Information Resource - A manager must provide various stakeholders with relevant and timely market trends and analyses such as supply trends and commodity costing trends.
* Technical / Operations Know How - Manager needs technical procurement skills which include ability to understand product specifications and features. A thorough understanding of manufacturing practices is a plus.
* Vendor Development - Analyze current and potential vendor capabilities to ensure they meet SHC needs for new product introductions. Select vendors who are continually working to reduce costs and improve service by optimizing the supply chain and reducing inventories while maintaining SHC quality, service, and innovation expectations.
* SSI projects require the development of numerous financial models and the data management within these models as dictated by the project's needs. This position requires the constant development of conclusions and recommended courses of action based on these analyses.
* The candidate will interface with upper management in merchandising, finance, legal, supply chain including inventory management and logistics, product development, marketing, store operations, and global sourcing as well as vendors on a daily basis. This position is expected to create and maintain effective collaboration amongst these various groups to achieve profitable results for the enterprise.
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
1. Ability to quickly see the 'big picture' and use qualitative and quantitative data to create innovative strategies that move the corporation forward
2. Analytical: active curiosity - must enjoy gathering and digging deeply into data to identify issues and create effective solutions
3. Confidence to interact with senior management and maturity to succeed through teamwork and effective collaboration
4. Apply deep understanding of global business issues to operational plans
5. Strong work ethic - real self-starter able to demonstrate strong proactive approach and self-initiative; persistent and tenacious; excessive level of commitment and dedication to meet aggressive deadlines with high-quality results
6. Demonstrated flexibility and open-mindedness around change; positive, can-do attitude
7. Strong business acumen: strong financial, strategic, operational and leadership skills; ability to grasp understanding of business models and key drivers quickly
8. Focused on results: willingness to do what it takes to get the job done right
9. Intensive project management experience
10. Education level - minimum BA/BS degree from a 4-year college or university
11. Minimum 10 years business experience in any combination of Finance, Strategic Sourcing, Global Sourcing, Merchandising, Strategy, and/or Change ManagementEEO EMPLOYER