Manager Surgical Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Fort Worth, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 00073-84324
Under the supervision of the Director, the MANAGER OF SURGICAL SERVICES shares 24-hour accountability and additional responsibility for the effective and efficient operation of the department. All functions will be performed in accordance with the standards, practice acts, and licensure in a manner consistent with the mission and goals of the organization. The manager leads in planning, directing, and implementing programs related to services line.
* Supports the HCA Code of Conduct. Demonstrates behaviors consistent with organization mission and goals.
* Ensures patient/personal safety by maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment and adhering to Safety Program and Infection Control Programs.
* Supports hospital and departmental Performance Improvement Goals.
* Demonstrates and promotes Plaza Medical Center of Fort Worth s customer service philosophies.
* Assures quality of care through compliance with departmental policies, hospital and external regulatory agency guidelines.
* Functions effectively as an interdisciplinary team member.
* Demonstrates desirable work habits and promotes personal growth and professionalism in the work environment.
* Accepts responsibility for assurance that quality patient care is provided consistently according to hospital and departmental standards and policies/procedures.
* Accepts accountability and responsibility for achievement of operational and capital budget goals.
* Maintains clinical management competency and professional growth.
* Graduate of an accredited professional school of nursing
* Baccalaureate degree preferred, or on a career path to achieve within 5 years of employment
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATIONS
* RN with current licensure or RN with temporary permit to practice from the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas
* Current BCLS certification
* CNOR required
* Clinical practice within last 2-5 years.
* Current clinical practice in area of expertise
Last Edited: 09/14/2016