Manager, Tax Technology -Data Enablement
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager to join our Tax Transformation practice in Dallas.
- Support team with a variety of data analytic tasks including:
data collection/retrieval from source systems, data loading/normalization, testing for accuracy/completeness, analysis/modeling, and reporting/communicating results
- Manage large data sets including data in unusual formats, transforming data into a usable form, and aggregating data as needed using a variety of tools
- Assist in developing custom data analysis solutions to address client specific problems and provide meaningful insight
- Prepare documentation and analytical reports that effectively summarize and present procedures, assumptions, and conclusions
- Manage a team, interact directly with clients and other resources to obtain relevant data and documents in formats consistent with project objectives and deadlines, review project deliverables, and resolve project issues
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in the following majors with relevant analytics or data management focused coursework:
Management / Accounting Information Systems, Business Analytics, Information Science / Management, Data Analytics, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Accounting, Actuarial
- Five to eight years of experience working with relational databases such as SQL Server (preferred) or Oracle
- Prior experience managing large data sets, including extraction from source systems, data cleansing and transformations, and providing preliminary descriptive and advanced analytics findings to business challenges
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communications and people skills, attention to detail, able to multi-task, follow through and work independently as well as within a team structure
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to travel based on client and business demands
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please. .