Manager Technical - Laboratory- Aventura Hospital and Medical Center 8/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 01079-4779
INTEGRATED REGIONAL LABORATORIES
Laboratory Technical Manager Full Time
Aventura Hospital & Medical Center
INTEGRATED REGIONAL LABORATORIES (IRL) INCLUDES THIRTEEN HCA HOSPITAL LABORATORIES IN PALM BEACH, BROWARD, DADE, SAINT LUCIE AND OKEECHOBEE COUNTIES AND ONE CORE LABORATORY IN BROWARD COUNTY. THROUGH THE PROCESS OF RE-ENGINEERING AND THE APPLICATION OF LEADING EDGE AUTOMATION TECHNOLOGY, IRL HAS TRANSFORMED LABORATORY OPERATIONS IN THE HCA EAST FLORIDA MARKET INTO AN INTEGRATED SERVICE NETWORK.
IRL IS A MEMBER OF THE NATION S LEADING PROVIDER OF HEALTHCARE SERVICES, HOSPITAL CORPORATION OF AMERICA. HCA RANKS ON FORTUNE S LIST OF MOST ADMIRED COMPANIES FOR THREE CONSECUTIVE YEARS. IN ADDITION, HCA HAS ALSO BEEN NAMED ONE OF ETHISPHERE S WORLD S MOST ETHICAL COMPANIES. JOIN OUR TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE!
Aventura Hospital is a fully accredited 407-bed acute care facility, providing award-winning inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, medical, surgical and cancer services. In order to meet the needs of our ever-growing community we have invested $130 million in expanding and renovating the hospital. The new North Patient Tower features 243 private rooms with private baths, the newest technologically advanced patient care equipment, a 28 bed-Emergency Department, 2 new ICU units, the Surgical Services Suite with 10 new oversized operating rooms, a new Main Entrance and much more.
WE OFFER A GENEROUS COMPENSATION PACKAGE FOR FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME INCLUDING: VACATION, 401K, AND MEDICAL INSURANCE.
JOB DESCRIPTION The Technical Manager manages laboratory operations supporting the clinical laboratory testing needs of the Integrated Regional Laboratories System. Manages the technical and support personnel in the department, guiding and developing their performance. Responsible for achieving quality improvement, fiscal, productivity and customer/employee satisfaction goals and objectives in areas of responsibility.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Development and monitoring of statistical analysis of quality measurements and standards
* Continually monitors and stays abreast of legislative and regulatory changes affecting the laboratory industry, and ensures changes are accurately communicated to affected departments and implemented on a timely basis Develops monitoring systems for the collection, documentation and reporting of quality assessment and improvement data; extracts pertinent information from quality assessment and improvement studies, initiates corrective action plans, and re-monitors results
* Evaluates existing systems and processes and develops corrective action plans for service/quality trends identified Initiates changes and monitors for improvement
* Ensures that departments proactively respond to feedback from customers (internal and external) and implements improvement mechanisms to enhance the overall ability of the department to meet the customer s needs for laboratory services
* Concurrently monitors employee and departmental performance to ensure adherence to policies and procedures, timelines and regulatory requirements
* Concurrently monitors resource utilization, including payroll, supplies and expenses, client volume and revenue variation reports, outpatient volume reports, mileage and expense logs; participates in MOR. Takes action immediately, as needed, to rectify problems
* Responsible to ensure the weekly and monthly corporate key indicators are an accurate measurement of past and current performance for a basis for proactive response to a changing environment
Required Job Qualifications include:
* 4 Year/Bachelor s Degree in Medical Technology required
* 3-5 years precious experience in technical specialty areas
* 3-5 years experience in clinical laboratory preferred
* Minimum of 3 years as Technical Manager strongly preferred
* Must have State of Florida Supervisor s license
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills required
Last Edited: 10/27/2016