Manager, Technical Training
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONManager, Technical Training
OPERATIONS: EXPENSE MANAGEMENT | SPOKANE, WA, UNITED STATES
Ecova--Making a World of Difference
At Ecova, we believe each individual, no matter the role, can make a difference for our clients, the environment and for themselves. Ecova is built on a strong foundation of integrity, community, leadership, persistence and urgency.
Our highest goal is to be the market leading, trusted advisor to organizations driven to maximize results, reduce expenses, manage risk and improve environmental performance. Our focus is to grow results on saving resources for our clients from utilities to facilities. We apply data-driven insights from demand to impact to target inefficiencies and See More, Save More and Sustain More for our clients.
We strive to deliver results and innovation through efforts of our unparalleled people to each and every client with whom we engage. We re on the look-out for team players to work with us in serving as an integral extension of our clients to measure, analyze and improve resource management. Come join the Ecova family together we can Make a World of Difference.
The Manager, Technical Training is responsible for managing the design, development and delivery of technical training programs of moderate to complex content which crosses organizational levels and roles within a functional group. Ensures timely delivery of training and alignment with Ecova s growth, culture, mission and strategic priorities. Oversees the daily work and performance of the technical training team, including communications, logistics, and reporting relating to the training function.
* Oversees training and development projects that cross organizational levels and roles within a functional group.
* Partners with HR and management to identify training opportunities and support technical training needs
* Manages the quality of all classroom and technology-based training and development activities, including needs assessment, curriculum development, course design/planning and logistics, content delivery, and related training materials
* Manages the implementation of training programs and curriculums.
* Provides leadership, direction, and support to the technical training team.
* Evaluates performance of training staff by establishing performance goals and measurements; provides constructive feedback and coaching to direct reports on a regular basis.
* Ensures selected media and methodologies are aligned with: audience learning styles, nature of training being delivered, audience location, the learning process, and the context of business needs and constraints.
* Develops and/or uses assessment and evaluation tools to measure the impact and effectiveness of training programs/materials. Reviews participant feedback. Shares evaluation feedback and results with the Sr. Director of Talent Management and senior level and middle management, with recommendations for improvement in support of making a positive impact on job performance and meeting business need.
* Communicates training and development team standards and methodology, and ensures compliance across all training staff.
* Ensures training programs are implemented effectively, efficiently, and according to relevant quality standards. Identifies and presents recommendations regarding training and development resource needs.
* Identifies needs and reviews recommendations for utilizing outside resources. Obtains necessary approvals, sources vendors, and oversees quality of products and services delivered.
* Required: BA degree in Adult Learning, Education, Instructional Design/Technology, Learning & Development, Business Administration, or related degree required.
* Preferred: Master s Degree in Adult Learning, Education, Instructional Design or related degree
Preferred: Advanced certifications in training and development, instructional design, facilitation from accredited academic institutions or professional associations
* 7+ years of training and development experience with 3+ years within a people management role.
* Experience managing a training facility, including classrooms, resources and materials.
* Strong leadership, influencing, project management, and team building skills.
* Skilled in instructional design, with solid understanding of adult learning theory and appropriate training methods
* Demonstrated experience creating blended learning solutions and use of a Learning Management System
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to inform the team of key priorities and deliverables
* Ability to lead a team through change and transition.
* Highly preferred: prior experience implementing and maintaining technology-based training/distance learning programs for a geographically dispersed workforce
* Highly Preferred: prior experience with International/global training programs
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
Ecova is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.