Manager, Technology Strategy
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 2/9/2017
Cambia Health Solutions
Manager, Technology Strategy
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS:
Primary Job Purpose:
To lead a team in performing all aspects of software development and implementation. This position is responsible for ensuring the on time delivery of high quality products that delight customers. Also responsible for all aspects of human capital management for technical resources.
* Demonstrated ability to lead and manage agile teams, ensuring that teams are staffed appropriately and embrace agile principles.
* Ability to ensure teams are utilizing processes needed to produce quality products.
* Demonstrated ability to educate business partners on IT processes and clarify expectations. Share knowledge of workflow tools and funding processes.
* Demonstrated competency in project management: managing onsite and remote staff and building effective teams, forecasting team demand and ensuring resources are in place, task assignment, establishing quantitative measures for success and reporting out on results.
* Demonstrated competency in leading others, including: interviewing and making hiring and compensation decisions; writing and delivering performance reviews; providing feedback and/or coaching to staff on a regular basis; managing corrective action and making termination decisions as necessary.
* Demonstrated competency in general business skills, including: negotiating with customers and creating business cases for multiple projects.
* Demonstrated experience working with and managing vendors and contracts across projects.
* Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with all levels of leadership.
* The Manager, Technology Strategy would have a Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Mathematics, or Engineering, with at least seven years experience in IT or software development and with demonstrated prior management experience.
* A similar position or equivalent combination of education and job-related experience may be substituted.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above
General Functions and Outcomes:
* Ensures the on time delivery of high quality software that delights customers. Promotes and drives automation throughout the development lifecycle.
* Works closely with all stakeholders during all phases of software development, implementation, and support to insure their business needs are being met.
* Extensively collaborates with other IT teams and outside vendors for the technology and services required to meet business needs.
* Effectively manages and establishes vendor relationships and contracts.
* Builds team budgets and manages budget independently.
* Accurately forecasts resource demand and coordinates with business partners.
* Develops alternative solutions to resource constraints.
* Contributes to and supports the corporation s quality initiatives by planning, communicating, and encouraging team and individual contributions toward the corporation s quality improvement efforts.
* Responsible for all aspects of human capital management, including performance management, goal setting and development of staff.
* Uses knowledge of the current and future capabilities of IT to support the business in achieving its short- and long-term goals.
* Participates in the formulation of the company business system architecture plans, assessing cost and feasibility of system requests and ensuring the plan supports both strategic and near-term needs.
* Executes infrastructure and systems strategy in conjunction with all technology areas of Cambia.
* Takes the initiative to promptly monitor and solve any problems that arise suddenly by communicating, working, and coordinating with user areas and other staff as necessary.
* Ensures that high quality software that delights customers is delivered on time. Promotes and drives automation throughout the development lifecycle.
* Establishes and maintains strategic and effective relationships with customers.
* Meets regularly with business leaders to listen, understand, address key issues, and educate them about IT services, capabilities, and value. Seeks out information from customers and uses it for improvements in products and services.
* Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose. Talks about the possibilities both now and in the future. Makes the vision shareable by everyone. Inspires and motivates customers, the division, direct reports, or individual teams to achieve the vision.
* Defines, rewards, and communicates success in terms of the whole team and the value to the customer.
* Participates in the development, implementation, execution and testing of disaster planning ensuring that each system the team develops/supports has a clearly documented and tested disaster recovery plan.
* Ensures effective communication is occurring with appropriate stakeholders to validate their understanding of business requirements, anticipated testing results and design.
Work is primarily performed in an office environment
Travel may be required, either locally or out of state
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have nearly a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.