Manager, Thayer HR Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Trustees of Dartmouth College
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ADVERTISEMENT TEXT
Manages the Thayer human resources efforts pertaining to recruiting/hiring plans, job design, performance management, employee recognition, promotions, reclassifications, reorganizations, while adhering to the policies and procedures of Dartmouth College.
Manages the academic support staff and Receptionist to ensure the most efficient and timely accomplishment of administrative and support functions.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
* Extensive knowledge of human resources policies, practices, and laws.
* Ability to interact with others using tact and diplomacy.
* Ability to lead and develop a team.
* Initiative, sound judgment and ability to set priorities.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a high-performing team.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Proficiency in Word and Outlook.
* In-depth Excel knowledge preferred.
* Willingness and ability to learn additional computer applications needed.
* Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse community.
* Three years of human resources experience performing at a human resources generalist level or above.
* Professional office administration experience.
* Experience supervising staff.
* Experience in managing confidential and sensitive information.
* Bachelor s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* HR certification preferred (SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR or SPHR).
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
DEPARTMENT CONTACT FOR COVER LETTER
Christine Cook, Chief Financial & Administrative Officer
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
* Manages the recruitment effort for all exempt and non-exempt personnel.
* Liaises with Dartmouth HR Recruitment staff to ensure successful search outcomes.
* Manages all aspects of faculty searches working closely with the Dean and CFAO.
* Supports hiring managers in interviewing and orientation of candidates.
* Provides guidance and interpretation of policies and procedures, to ensure compliance with federal and state employment laws.
* Partners with Human Resources to provide performance management guidance to supervisors.
* Liaises with Human Resources and/or CFAO to solve complex problems concerning employee relations.
* Serves as the primary liaison between Thayer and The Office of Human Resources.
* Oversees DORR processes for Thayer searches.
* Develops and improves onboarding and orientation program for all staff and faculty new hires.
* Develops offboarding procedures and conducts exit interviews for staff and faculty.
* Chairs the Thayer School Activities Committee and seeks out activities to enhance employee engagement and employee recognition programs.
* Coordinates Thayer s annual performance evaluation process.
* Coordinates Thayer s Annual Years of Service award program.
* Maintains up-to-date standard operating procedures for the Thayer human resources function.
* Supervises the Academic & Administrative Assistants and the Receptionist.
* Monitors Academic Assistant schedules and work flow to ensure adequate faculty support coverage.
* Advises supervisors and managers on position reclassification and equity reviews and area/department reorganization processes.
* Develops and maintains procedures for the Thayer School operations manual.
* Reviews and approves the time keeping records for all assigned staff members.
* Fosters respectful communication and collaboration within a diverse community.
* Regularly handles confidential or sensitive information, and exercises discretion concerning its disposition.
* Serves as the primary point of contact to a wide range of internal and external constituencies regarding Human Resources; serves as a reference on Thayer policies and procedures.
Performs other duties as assigned.