Manager, Transmission/Civil Engineering (4141)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
Duquesne Light Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONDuquesne Light Company, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is a leader in providing electric energy and has been in the forefront of the electric energy market, with a history rooted in technological innovation and superior customer service. Today, the company continues its role as a leader in the transmission and distribution of electric energy, providing a secure supply of reliable power to more than half a million customers in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Job Family: Engineering
Discipline: Structural/Transmission Line
Career Level: Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Provide leadership, supervision, guidance, expertise, and support to a team of engineers, technicians, and contractors regarding various civil, structural, and transmission line design projects for new construction and maintenance issues. Also manage the Third Party Attachments group to ensure that FCC timelines are met.
* Directs the assignments and scheduling of complex Civil Engineering design work for a team of engineers and technicians performing engineering associated with Transmission and Structural Engineering. Ensure that all standards and materials for the Transmission system are up to date and communicated to Operations Department. Reviews PLS CADD, PLS Pole, PLS Tower, and structural designs for accuracy.
* Monitor progress of all transmission projects and civil design work for timely delivery to drafters, mapping section, right-of-way department, construction, and coordinate with all other support groups for timely availability of equipment and material to meet desired schedules.
* Perform Project Management functions in reviewing RFP's, RFQ's, PAMM, WAM, project scopes, reports, drawings, specifications, correspondence, design standards, recommendations, requisitions and cost estimates to ensure that all designs are delivered from contractors in a timely, cost effective, and accurately meets DLC standards and project scopes.
* Oversees that Third Party Attachment process for transmission and pole attachments. Ensures that FCC regulations are met.
* Coordinate with Operations and other support departments on a monthly basis to address prioritization of projects, changes in projects and status updates on future projects. Review schedules and budgets and maintain adequate records to ensure timely completion of projects within budgets.
* Create a working environment that fosters teamwork, employee initiative and accountability to maintain high levels of productivity for assigned projects. Counsel and evaluate personnel performance.
* Coordinate with the Training Department to provide the necessary training and training materials for field personnel on any new equipment or designs.
Roles at this level require an ABET-accredited Civil Engineering Degree. Higher level education such as a masters degree, PhD, or certification is normally desired. Seven years of engineering experience with utility Transmission Line and Structural Design. PLS CADD experience.
Primary focus is on day to day management of operational execution also develops and exercises business plans, policies, and procedures. Contributes to proactive planning exercises of management team as requested. Trains and develops staff. Plans the work flow. Looks for areas of process improvement and directs available resources to accomplish this. Leads changes and implementations for direct team as pushed down through the organization.
Problems and issues are undefined require detailed info gathering, analysis, and investigation to understand/resolve. Makes decisions that address work flow issues considering immediate impact on own function or work unit.
Duquesne Light Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of Duquesne Light's commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.